Annoying...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jackson Marsh

Re: Annoying...

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:42 am

Dewey wrote:
James wrote:Funny how they don't follow us into the big Marshes Greg!! haha. Maybe it was just a reminder that you need to jump in deeper.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

When I shot my buck in the marsh opening weekend I had to call the Federal warden since I would be out there after hours. He came right away and said maybe he can help me get my buck out and then asked where it was down. I pointed out into the marsh and said exactly a 1/2 mile that direction which is a relatively short drag for me. He thought about it for a few seconds and said he better get home since he has been on duty since 7 am. :lol:

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

:lol:

I bet he had something better to do! The Warden must have been smart enough to know how much fun a marsh drag is!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

hoyt

Unread postby hoyt » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:23 am

I use to hunt a no vehicle zone..bikes only or walk..about 5 miles back in. Had to bust my but on that bike to get back in there and up the tree before daylight..had a check station so couldn't leave earlier.

There was a lot of game back in there due to no trucks, etc. riding the roads. I was up in a tree on an old over grown woods road where I could see down into a big myrtle bedding area and up and down the road.

I looked up the road and there was a game warden truck facing me just sitting there. Finally he drives right on down under my stand. I gave him for what he was doing. Told him I bust my but to get way back in there where no vehicles are suppose to be and he drives right up to my stand. Let him know for sure I didn't appreciate it.

He was apologetic and nice and said he was trying to catch a guy who was slipping in across the fence to another WMA that wasn't open yet.

I later became pretty good friends with the game warden..but as a general rule they aren't suppose to come in on you and screw your hunt up. They can wait at your vehicle..hid in the bushes far as that goes.
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:00 am

That should teach you. You should have j-hooked and watched your back trail, then slid out the back door...

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”