beast tactics for here?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

brkissl82
500 Club

beast tactics for here?

Unread postby brkissl82 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:52 am

sorry for all the map questions but this new beast style has me 2nd guessing my tactics for the weekend. Where would u guys set up? Ill be accessing from river its highly pressured public but ppl cant get to north of the river without a boat. T thanks guys

[ Post made via Android ] Image

brkissl82
500 Club

Re: beast tactics for here?

Unread postby brkissl82 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:53 am

I should also add that I cant go north of the southern edge of that field its private

seeds

Unread postby seeds » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:06 am

That parcel has been hunted and hunted and hunted again this year. There were 3 guys in there (north side) on Sunday alone. Two were sitting right in what was the doe bedding until mid-October....I counted 6 vehicles between Mill,the state highway and the launch lot last night - a misty weeknight.

Sorry. I know that area well. So - I'm sure - do other guys here. Last time I went in I found spent milkweed pods on the trail.

(edit) I'll add that the south side of the river has POSTED signs 150 feet into the public land. There's permanent stands on the line and that guy overhunts them.
Last edited by seeds on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:07 am

I have had about 5 people in the last week ask me about where to hunt along that river... I could mark the spots, or you could look at one of the posts from the other guys who asked, but I think your going to have company if you go to the spots I pick. :lol:
brkissl82
500 Club

Unread postby brkissl82 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:24 am

Wow I knew it got pressure but holy smokes. Kinda surprising since it just opened last year. Thanks for the heads up guys!

seeds

Unread postby seeds » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:39 am

There's some spots on state land that have just been mobbed within weeks of opening. It's gotten bad enough that if I hear a parcel has just opened I don't even bother heading there that season.

The spot you asked about has the remnants of about 6 permanent stands scattered about the N side of the river as well as a ladder stand that someone replaced the ratchet recently..."Just opened" when you're talking about county land means the neighbors now have company out there.
brkissl82
500 Club

Unread postby brkissl82 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:50 am

Wow yea I knew there was pressure but holy smokes. I thought if I crossed the river I wouldnt have many visitors but guess not. Yea I guess ill have to avoid that land. Thats what amazes me about all you guys shooting good bucks on public. Every public spot I hunt is mobbed

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”