New Access to Nice Looking Property

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

SHoff10

New Access to Nice Looking Property

Unread postby SHoff10 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:08 pm

Here is an aerial of some property that I just gained access to. It looks pretty good to me. I really like all of the inside edges and the cedars in the middle of the property that may be in an overgrown meadow. Where would you guys set up? What wind directions? Thanks for the advice. I will be going in blind and the only scouting I can do right now is cyber. I usually mark where I think stands would be good but I would like some other opinions!

“If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.” –Aristotle
SHoff10

Re: New Access to Nice Looking Property

Unread postby SHoff10 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:49 am

Anybody?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
“If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.” –Aristotle
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:10 am

Is it flat? Its hard to see whats going on in there without being able to zoom in... As far as rut goes setting up in the spots where lines of timber meet will catch cruisers... But having a hard time with bedding with that view.
SHoff10

Unread postby SHoff10 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:42 am

Thanks Dan! Here is a zoomed in image of this piece. I will post a topo map as soon as I can. I know you guys always say that there are beds usually at points that jet out into crop fields. Is this still true with picked crop fields? As you can see in the drawing, all of the fields are either cut corn or beans.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”