Rut Report

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

str8shooter

Re: Rut Report

Unread postby str8shooter » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:46 pm

The past two days I have sat over 18 hours on stand and have seen no chasing. Young bucks bumping does and cruising. Last night I passed a 4 year old or older buck at last light. He was cruising a ridgeline checking scrapes. Poor headgear on him but a huge body, was temped to drop the string, but only my 2nd day of a 12 day vacation and wasn't willing to hang my tag on a 110" buck mature or not.

Find his shed, find his bed, use your head to make him dead.
Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:09 am

Spent a day and a half in central Illinois. Friday night I had a 6 point chasing a doe, grunting the whole time. 30 minutes later spotted a 160" hanging out with the doe at the bottome of a ravine in a bean field. Grunted at him to see if I could pull him in but no luck. Did see a fresh new scrape that wasn't there friday night when I left the woods but was the Saturday morning when I walked in. I'll be back down Tuesday for 5 days so I'm hoping its really going by then.
AB_Vinny

Unread postby AB_Vinny » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:58 am

Bucks in my area just starting to make rubs and scrapes in their usual areas. Absolutely nothing was showing up until Halloween. We had an unseasonably warm October so if they were rubbing and scraping it was in somewhere remote as we could not find a thing. Now we had 8in snow fall plus temp around 8F they are going gang-busters to make up for lost time. Bucks starting to troll parallel trails.
Chasman

Unread postby Chasman » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:37 pm

I sat NINE hours yesterday 2 locations 3 does total. I did hear a buck of bucks grunting twice and chasing in cattails in the AM but wind started to shift so I had to move.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”