Help with buck bedding/core area...going in blind" on Friday

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

csgrizz

Help with buck bedding/core area...going in blind" on Friday

Unread postby csgrizz » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:43 am

Guys/gals,

Have a great friend that recently got back into bow hunting. He has a family farm several hours away that we have never bowhunted and this year we planned a trip. We are lucky enough to have a family member on the farm who has checked cameras for us for 2 years. We will be there Friday for the first time ever during bow season.

We have a deer nick named "big john" that we are targeting. Since 10/21 we have been getting regular daylight pictures of this buck, typically on an east/west travel pattern on cam 5 and occasionally he shows up on 4 and 2, mostly early morning to mid morning pics headed towards the labeled big john area.

The areas labeled "bedding" are known doe areas from my friend hunting gun season. We marked the suspected "big john" area, but I was wondering, if the beast members had any suggestions on an approach.

We will be carrying stands in on Friday, hang and hunt style. Access is from the South.

Wind is forecasted West or NW, supposed to rain the next three days and warm up, then a cool front on friday highs in 50's lows in 30's.

Any suggestions on bedding/stand locations etc would be appreciated, I value all opinions.

Jay

Re: Help with buck bedding/core area...going in blind" on Fr

Unread postby Jay » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:31 pm

Get close to the doe bedding areas. That would be my thoughts. Downwind side. There should be some sign already there. Good luck man!!!
csgrizz

Unread postby csgrizz » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:41 am

Thanks Jay, appreciate the input.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:41 am

iF YOUR GETTING DAY LIGHT PICTURES NOW ON CAMERA 5, I would come in the same wrought that is taken to check the camera and hunt there... I think the buck bedding is where I put the red dot... Killing a dropping buck is tough, maybe where he climbs the next ridge.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”