Hills vs Flat land

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Re: Hills vs Flat land

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:43 pm

Bucky wrote:My bad! Yes, easier to find beds in hills![glow=red]Harder to kill[/glow] :oops:

No biggie. That is the #1 reason to hunt hill country. Age!

Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:39 pm

I read post as which is easier to kill a good.buck... like Tim I prefer "bluffs" to hunt. The biggest bucks I have seen in the wild have been in BIG hilly areas

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:43 pm

Bucky wrote:I read post as which is easier to kill a good.buck... like Tim I prefer "bluffs" to hunt. The biggest bucks I have seen in the wild have been in BIG hilly areas

Good post. The hill ground I hunt holds the biggest bucks,but also the biggest challenge.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:17 am

Stanley wrote:
Bucky wrote:I read post as which is easier to kill a good.buck... like Tim I prefer "bluffs" to hunt. The biggest bucks I have seen in the wild have been in BIG hilly areas

Good post. The hill ground I hunt holds the biggest bucks,but also the biggest challenge.

X3!
Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:47 am

Edcyclopedia wrote:
Think how tricky it is for someone that CANNOT do either! :oops:

LOL yea but you have a handicap, you live in NH :mrgreen:

Just kiddin, But sometimes I think we forget to look at deer densities from area to area. I'm assuming your deer numbers are low? I have a friend in south / central NH that struggles to see 10-15 deer a season. If you were to come down here I can show you areas that you can see 15-20 deer a sit. We have a bunch of em. That might make things a bit easier than NH.

But even with our high number of deer in relatively flat land, I find it easier finding buck beds on public land ridge country that holds a lot less numbers of deer 50 miles away. It's probably just my inexperience at bed hunting. But the ridges seem to pin down the bedding options as opposed to flat farm / woodlot country where bedding options seem to be endless.
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”