Do others think your nuts with beast style hunting?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bucky

Re: Do others think your nuts with beast style hunting?

Unread postby Bucky » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:11 pm

BassBoysLLP wrote:Yes. Tough to access.

If I have good access, generally out of the woods.

[ Post made via Android ] [img]http://
www.thehuntingbeast.com/images/mobile/Android.png[/img]

Interesting you brought this up... I know a guy that did.it late season...slept overnight in Dec! :lol:

I like the statement 5% understand deer behavior/hunting and 95% dont/wont no matter what you show them.... they just don't want to put I the effort/work, don't care, or can't figure it out even with explanations and reasons why. Oh well...

[ Post made via Android ] Image

"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:44 am

I never go into details on how I hunt when talking to others. Not because I want to be secretive, it's just that it's a foreign concept to most of them. Most people never understand that you will be more successful going to the deer instead of waiting for the deer to come to you.

When I started deer hunting, my father in law told me "Pick you out a spot and stick with it. Sooner or later a buck will come by. That's why Tom (brother in law) kills one every year." Yea Tom killed one every year but it was always a 1.5 yo. Now that's ok if that's what you want to kill and are satisfied with that. No critisism from me at all on that. After a while they would get pissed at me because I wouldn't pick a spot and stay there. I moved around where I thought the deer were, and killed em.

But that's the mindset of most people here and I assume most places. And that's ok, if that's what they want.
For years I read mags on hunting and every now and then they'ld mention the buck's bedding area but never told how to find it. Dan was the first person that I ever heard explain buck bedding and how to find it. And he's quite free with that info. Most people don't understand the animal they are hunting and when you try to talk to them about it, they think you're nuts.

I had a guy tell me a couple years ago, "You don't need to be anywhere around there! That's a bedding area!" I answered him, "Oh really?" :mrgreen:
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:17 am

Bucky wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:Yes. Tough to access.

If I have good access, generally out of the woods.

[ Post made via Android ] [img]http://
images/mobile/Android.png[/img]

Interesting you brought this up... I know a guy that did.it late season...slept overnight in Dec! :lol:

I like the statement 5% understand deer behavior/hunting and 95% dont/wont no matter what you show them.... they just don't want to put I the effort/work, don't care, or can't figure it out even with explanations and reasons why. Oh well...

Now that is hardcore right there!

E72
500 Club

Unread postby E72 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:52 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:Yep! Last year I slept in the woods so I cleaner "access" for the morning hunt...probably do it again this year. 100% nuts, borderline stupid.

BassboysLLP , you need to look at one of these. :lol: Some weigh less than 3lbs.
[url][URL=http://s243.photobucket.com/user/fullrut72/media/single-pole-bivy-dry-one-man-tent-bivi-bivvy-sack-bag_300528043967_zpsc31c0da4.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]
Country
500 Club

Unread postby Country » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:28 am

Most people I talk to stop listening when they hear "scouting all year long" and "hunting mobile."
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:37 am

E72 wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:Yep! Last year I slept in the woods so I cleaner "access" for the morning hunt...probably do it again this year. 100% nuts, borderline stupid.

BassboysLLP , you need to look at one of these. :lol: Some weigh less than 3lbs.
[url][URL=http://s243.photobucket.com/user/fullrut72/media/single-pole-bivy-dry-one-man-tent-bivi-bivvy-sack-bag_300528043967_zpsc31c0da4.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]

Nice. I have a bivy, but havent used it. I usually don't plan on rain or snow. If i had to cut weight it would be a bivy and the heater body suit for the extra cold and wet.

On a a side note, I love being in the woods at night! Even without a weapon. The critters act different. Late season with snow and a full moon. Even better.

Timmy

Unread postby Timmy » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:32 am

Some people think I'm nuts. Its the people that hunt the same stand over and over with a pile of corn underneath it. They don't really understand being mobile. They say things like, "If I see deer in a spot, why don't I just keep hunting there?" Ive tried explaining beast hunting to some, and most just think its crazy talk.
yungbuck
500 Club

Unread postby yungbuck » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:23 pm

a veteran told me recently deer hunting is mainly about luck... it was then I realized this style is for very few

nothing but a simple minded god fearing public land bow hunter
Bigdaddy-yoyo
500 Club

Unread postby Bigdaddy-yoyo » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:57 pm

BassBoysLLP wrote:
Bigdaddy-yoyo wrote:

?

I made a hammock just for that reason

Sounds better on the back but I am thinking the hammock is cold...thoughts?

You use a under quilt.........Go to Hammock Forum .com
A ton of great info.........Everything is made to stay warm and light weight

Or go to You Tube and look up Shug Emery, He has a ton of great info and reviews on Hammocks. Also very entertaining
He use to be a clown with the Ringling circus :D :D

Also a cheap way of keeping warm .....a little bulky but cheap 17 bucks. You Tube" winterizing a hammock cheap" It's by Dave Cantebury Wilderness outfitters
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:30 am

Bigdaddy-yoyo wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:
Bigdaddy-yoyo wrote:

?

I made a hammock just for that reason

Sounds better on the back but I am thinking the hammock is cold...thoughts?

You use a under quilt.........Go to Hammock Forum .com
A ton of great info.........Everything is made to stay warm and light weight

Or go to You Tube and look up Shug Emery, He has a ton of great info and reviews on Hammocks. Also very entertaining
He use to be a clown with the Ringling circus :D :D

Also a cheap way of keeping warm .....a little bulky but cheap 17 bucks. You Tube" winterizing a hammock cheap" It's by Dave Cantebury Wilderness outfitters

Good stuff there. Thanks!
Mario
ProStaff

Unread postby Mario » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:50 am

I think the main push back or response I see is why would you pack all that in? Why would you walk that far back? I think in general with a mobile beast style you need to embrace all aspects of the hunt and that might be tough terrain, hard set-ups, seeing few deer for all that effort... You have to be willing to get your hands dirty so to speak...

Bigdaddy-yoyo
500 Club

Unread postby Bigdaddy-yoyo » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:57 am

mt008 wrote:I think the main push back or response I see is why would you pack all that in? Why would you walk that far back? I think in general with a mobile beast style you need to embrace all aspects of the hunt and that might be tough terrain, hard set-ups, seeing few deer for all that effort... You have to be willing to get your hands dirty so to speak...

great response :clap: x2
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:08 am

mt008 wrote:I think the main push back or response I see is why would you pack all that in? Why would you walk that far back? I think in general with a mobile beast style you need to embrace all aspects of the hunt and that might be tough terrain, hard set-ups, seeing few deer for all that effort... You have to be willing to get your hands dirty so to speak...

It was about clean access for me. Not a case of not wanting to get your hands dirty.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”