Next move help...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

jjm335

Next move help...

Unread postby jjm335 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:37 am

Guys,

I've been hunting this one spot off and on all year trying to figure out what these buck are doing on the property. I've seen a bunch of buck in the summer but they have not been visibly seen since the first week. I have cut tracks of a mature buck (red in image) but have yet to see him. I'm trying to plot my next move.

Blue dots are stands that I have sat to try and see him moving. The one in the corn I was hoping to watch the whole field edge and did but he never showed.

I'm not sure what my next move should be, any advice? Maybe sit far off and try to watch the opposite side with the other tracks (three red dots) to see if he shows?

Jay

Re: Next move help...

Unread postby Jay » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:25 pm

Do you have cameras in there. If not a couple that do video could help you a lot with travel direction.
jjm335

Unread postby jjm335 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:51 am

I do not jay. It is public so I usually don't hang them in season due to possibly getting stolen

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:04 am

I'd hunt near that clearcut to the NE if it's grownup. I'd also look at that slight bend in that creek that is directly East of one of your observation stands. Depending on how you access the area, he may know when you are in there.
jjm335

Unread postby jjm335 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:16 am

Guys, thanks for the updates/advice!!

I might have spooked him this morning. I was walking into a different observation stand (close to the blue dot towards the road). I entered from the road to the east and walked quietly beside the creek on the north side. I deer came trotting from the south side, jumped into the creek and trotted right up to me...saw me and ran. I assume it thought I was another deer and I have a hard time believing it wasn't a buck checking me out.

I didn't see anything else...so I'm not sure what I'll do next.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:51 pm

Can you post a topo?
jjm335

Unread postby jjm335 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:34 am

Here is the topo, it is fairly flat for the most part. Area of focus is the middle of the roads that form a Y

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”