Bosses

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Spysar
500 Club

Bosses

Unread postby Spysar » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:33 am

I assume all you guys and gals work for a living. How does your boss feel about hunting season? What do you do to keep the boss happy, and the bills paid, and still get maximum time off for deer season? How much time do you all take off to deer hunt?

A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
AC Rider
500 Club

Re: Bosses

Unread postby AC Rider » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:04 am

I acrue vacation time and can take it whenever as long as I have it.
WiBowhuntress

Unread postby WiBowhuntress » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:18 am

I have 2 bosses. And they both hunt. :D
And they both understand my obsession. I have a fair amount of vacation time and try to save as much as I can for the bow season but even if I were to use it all up, they wouldn't have a problem with me taking some time off without pay.

I have great bosses!
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:08 am

November is pretty much open where I work! I have three out of the four weeks off, two for bowhunting plus our gun deer season! So I have some good bosses who know my addiction! They have even let me leave early to go tracking or hunting! Family, now that's a whole other thread! :D
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
3dog

Unread postby 3dog » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:49 am

My current boss bought the place 3 years ago. About a month before he purchased he went around and talked to most of the employees, kinda getting a feel for the place. When he asked me why I worked there I said "Well the pay is decent but the atmosphere sucks, guess the biggest thing is the flex schedule and getting to hunt whenever I want" Have not had 1 problem what-so-ever with taking time off to hunt. I probably take 3 weeks for deer season and a week and a half for turkey hunting. It's a dead end job but covers the bills and I get to do what I love, I got no complaints.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:22 pm

My boss whines a little about it... He makes comments about only having me for half a year... But I still pretty much have freedom to hunt when I want within reason. I adjusted my hours year round to start at 4AM so I get off in time to hunt in the evenings... I get a little over 3 weeks vacation a year.
Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:48 pm

My boss is ok with my bow hunting schedule, the rest of the year I barely ever miss a day. I save 2 weeks vacation justfor bow hunting. Sometimes I will just take a day here and there during the archery season, and other times I will put in for a week at a time.
virginiashadow
500 Club

Unread postby virginiashadow » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:00 pm

I usually put in for around 2.5 weeks vacation a year for hunting. The good thing about my current schedule is that I work 12 hour shifts, so I have off work many weekdays. That means if I don't get it done in the deer woods then I am just not that good given the amount of time I have to hunt up until mid November. My boss does not give me any trouble at all because I do not call off work unless I am on my death bed, I come to work on time every single day, and when I work I put in max effort.
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:45 pm

I'm self employed. My boss loves hunting and wants me to go as much as I can! :D
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:19 pm

magicman54494 wrote:I'm self employed. My boss loves hunting and wants me to go as much as I can! :D

X2.

marty
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Sam Ubl
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider

Unread postby Sam Ubl » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:52 am

My boss hardly knows what hunting is - he's by the book and very corporat-ized, so to speak... Never the less, he's not entirely impossible to get the okay for missing a day without using up a vaca day if I have a good enough story to go with it. This year I have 4 vacation days left, the rest have been used up. I will take 2 for November 8th and 9th, as well as another day for the gun season and the other I'm using up next Friday for pre-fishing Boom Lake for the WMT event.
Chase Nation | Reality Hunting TV | http://www.chasenation.tv
Watch Chase Nation on Carbon TV: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider
Huntmore | http://www.huntmore.io/
hotterthantiffany

Unread postby hotterthantiffany » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:55 am

every other friday I only work 4 hours, which leaves me plenty of time to get to my stand and enjoy an afternoon hunt. plus I get 3 weeks of vacation. :D
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:04 am

Zap wrote:
magicman54494 wrote:I'm self employed. My boss loves hunting and wants me to go as much as I can! :D

X2.

marty
Self employed here too. In my line of work though time off can be tough at times. Some years It keeps me from being In the woods. Other years I get more time off. This year It's looking like a "good" year for taking time off. That could change though anytime. September will be a spendy month. Elk and bear hunting will be had. Probably will only work a week or so as long as everything works out as planned.
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:37 am

i put in for my vacation at the beginning of the year, we go by seniority in our positions. im currentyl in the 3 spot if its open i can take it. it has never been a problem, i take all my vacation at once . then try to get a few other days thrown in . so the past 3 years i have had 38 days in a row. im hoping for the same this year.
Treejunkie

Unread postby Treejunkie » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:11 am

My work is very laid back. As long as my work and clients are satisfied I can pretty much take off anytime I wish. Now my boss at home is a different story. :lol: I pick up my girls every night from school, so hunting during the week is tough.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”