Looking for your opinion on hunting in the AM

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BuckTrack81

Looking for your opinion on hunting in the AM

Unread postby BuckTrack81 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:44 pm

I'm going to be afternoon shift for the next 7 days and only able to hunt in the AM, this season hasn't gone as I had planned I've been sick for the last week and a host of other issues I've only gotten out twice... Enough excuses so The weather is going to be high 40's and rain for next 7 Days I was thinking of hunting in between food and bedding, or would you still hunt over bedding in the AM given the weather and time of year... I have 9 areas of known buck bedding that I found while scouting this year... All revolve around water and oaks mostly hill country in 5 different locations..and almost forgot 400 acres of private that I have permission to hunt with hay fields and hardwood mix... All input appreciated ...

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Re: Looking for your opinion on hunting in the AM

Unread postby Czabs » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:06 pm

Does I would hunt travel corridors between bed and food in the morning.

Bucks I would hunt the downwind side of suspected bedding areas trying to catch them J hooking to their bed.

Or with rain, I would go do some scouting as well.
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:48 pm

Until the rut, I duck hunt in the mornings. I love mornings during the rut though.

BuckTrack81

Unread postby BuckTrack81 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:25 pm

Thanks for the input, tommorrow im gonna take my bow and do some spot checking to make sure they are still doing what I think they are ... With it raining should be able to slip along without bumping much .. I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes this week..

MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:23 am

Hunt when you can. I'd use your time for more scouting than hunting; set some observation stands and don't get too aggressive unless necessary. If you find some fresh sign Hunt it right then and there.
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:38 pm

I like hunting mornings more than most, and have decent success with it, but given the full moon that is up all night right now I would tend to sleep in for the next few days, morning movement will be greatly suppressed unless we get some type of weather that helps keep deer on their feet longer. Next week things should be getting better for morning movement. Its good and cold anyway. Try to target mornings with a moving barometer and those after a good long rain that night.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”