Persuading my deer loving aunt to hunt her land

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

lynchpin

Re: Persuading my deer loving aunt to hunt her land

Unread postby lynchpin » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:29 am

Haus86 wrote:
muddy wrote:Treat her like any other landowner in the same situation. Be polite to her and though you don't appear to really want to look at a few things from her stand point. She loves the wildlife and enjoys seeing them. She's obviously from a quieter upbringing so maybe simply going to her place and sitting down and talking to / getting to know her better will get you back on better footing. As stated see if you not shooting anything but those big tree shredding slobs will get you better results. It's her property, you'll have to probably change your mannerisms around her to show her you're really serious about respecting her and her property.

I had a farm that I couldn't hunt but kept stopping in and talking to the landowner for nearly 5 years before they let me doe hunt only. After a couple years of that i got the green light on anything. Ive shot a 140, 143, 146, 157,and a 159 off that property since. Persistance and politeness can go a LONG ways.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Muddy is spot on. I wouldn't ask for quite some time. Get to know her better first. Stop by just to stop by, but keep your intentions good. If all you want to do is hunt, then don't stop at all. I would start by asking to mushroom hunt, shed hunt, etc. Like Muddy, I just got permission to hunt a farm after 5 years of trying. I shed hunted it for 5 years before getting permission. Believe it or not, my wife and I are the only ones to be given permission in many years, and even family can't get access. Now we are good friends and look forward to each others company.

Good stuff here... go with this!

go DEEP or go HOME
goldtip5575
500 Club

Unread postby goldtip5575 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:40 am

Does your aunt have a husband or kids that have the same anti-hunting views she has?If so you could be putting her at odds between you and her family.
BGHUNTER
Facebook: bgrangerhunter@live.com

Unread postby BGHUNTER » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:38 am

Busch Light Bandit wrote:Tell her you will vote for Obama in the next election...

:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :puke-huge:
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:54 am

I would tattle-tail to one of the grandparents if they are still alive...
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:55 pm

BGHUNTER wrote:
Busch Light Bandit wrote:Tell her you will vote for Obama in the next election...

:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :puke-huge:

:shock:

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:10 pm

lynchpin wrote:
Haus86 wrote:
muddy wrote:Treat her like any other landowner in the same situation. Be polite to her and though you don't appear to really want to look at a few things from her stand point. She loves the wildlife and enjoys seeing them. She's obviously from a quieter upbringing so maybe simply going to her place and sitting down and talking to / getting to know her better will get you back on better footing. As stated see if you not shooting anything but those big tree shredding slobs will get you better results. It's her property, you'll have to probably change your mannerisms around her to show her you're really serious about respecting her and her property.

I had a farm that I couldn't hunt but kept stopping in and talking to the landowner for nearly 5 years before they let me doe hunt only. After a couple years of that i got the green light on anything. Ive shot a 140, 143, 146, 157,and a 159 off that property since. Persistance and politeness can go a LONG ways.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Muddy is spot on. I wouldn't ask for quite some time. Get to know her better first. Stop by just to stop by, but keep your intentions good. If all you want to do is hunt, then don't stop at all. I would start by asking to mushroom hunt, shed hunt, etc. Like Muddy, I just got permission to hunt a farm after 5 years of trying. I shed hunted it for 5 years before getting permission. Believe it or not, my wife and I are the only ones to be given permission in many years, and even family can't get access. Now we are good friends and look forward to each others company.

Good stuff here... go with this!

X4
BuckTrack81

Unread postby BuckTrack81 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:35 pm

Easiest way is to send her away on a nice trip, and you watch the house for her..... He he he

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”