Buddy hunt advice

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

kwaldeier
500 Club

Buddy hunt advice

Unread postby kwaldeier » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:04 pm

My bud is in and wanting to hunt this with s blind. Wind is supposed to be from west Sat. Access is from west only. Beans are in at the moment. Big section west of river lol Probably access in on south tip and walk on transition. Cold drop should have them up. Want my buddy to get one!Image

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Chasman

Re: Buddy hunt advice

Unread postby Chasman » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:48 pm

Don't know if your in WI if so you have to put Blaze Orange around your blind. Youth hunt Saturday and Sunday....
kwaldeier
500 Club

Unread postby kwaldeier » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:57 am

Mo lol

[ Post made via Android ] Image
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:20 am

With a West wind follow that river up and hunt the East side of the woods. There is a nice inside corner but it won't work too well with that wind. Have you scouted this piece? Is he trying to get any deer or a big buck?
kwaldeier
500 Club

Unread postby kwaldeier » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:29 am

I have never scouted or seen this place before lol. He is looking to fill the freezer but if a nice buck comes out he is willing to try as well. He lives 3 hours away and is ALWAYS workin lol. I was thinking the far East area i marked..
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:26 am

I marked some possible stand sites (I like the Northern most one the best). I think you will have better luck getting into the timber rather than hunting the open fields. I also circled the area that you may have to give up. What I mean by this is sometimes you have to sacrifice an area to give yourself the best chance in a better area. I would hug the river and go in as indicated.

You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
kwaldeier
500 Club

Unread postby kwaldeier » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:34 am

Thanks stan! Would these same sites work for a blind? He does not have a stand but i have a blind we could throw up lol
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:07 am

I'd use natural cover unless that blind has been sitting out in the woods for a couple weeks. I have very poor results with commercial ground blinds on same day setups.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:16 am

kwaldeier wrote:Thanks stan! Would these same sites work for a blind? He does not have a stand but i have a blind we could throw up lol

I would take a stool to sit on some pruners and fabricate a quick ground blind. Remember what is behind you is very important when using a natural ground blind.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”