Rain game

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

PLB
500 Club

Re: Rain game

Unread postby PLB » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:35 am

A lot of people can talk big over the net but very few hunters are willing to sit through a steady rain or downpour. It's just downright miserable even with quality rain gear. Especially bowhunting. Ethics comes into play also.. Rain sucks period.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Unread postby Czabs » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:55 am

I don't have rain gear because it is loud. I run cameras so that is a big turn off hunting in rain without some kind of blind or overhead cover. I do have rain covers but, that still only does so much good. When you only have the weekends to hunt though, its almost like you have to hunt in the rain. It sucks walking out getting all your clothes and gear wet, and if It does rain its pretty miserable. I will be hunting this weekend in the rain, but not if it is going to downpour. A light to moderate rain I will and only will take gravy shots. If I do shoot one, I am going to pick up blood instantly and go from there. Make sure you are going to stick em because tracking washed away blood SUCKS!
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:28 am

Czabs wrote:I don't have rain gear because it is loud. I run cameras so that is a big turn off hunting in rain without some kind of blind or overhead cover. I do have rain covers but, that still only does so much good. When you only have the weekends to hunt though, its almost like you have to hunt in the rain. It sucks walking out getting all your clothes and gear wet, and if It does rain its pretty miserable. I will be hunting this weekend in the rain, but not if it is going to downpour. A light to moderate rain I will and only will take gravy shots. If I do shoot one, I am going to pick up blood instantly and go from there. Make sure you are going to stick em because tracking washed away blood SUCKS!

X2! Couldn't have said it better!! I only can hunt weekends too so like a dummie I'll be getting soaked.Downpour I will not however....

Obsession Bows
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:31 am

I bet Sunday will be a great day in the woods. They should really be moving to feed after being hunkered down by heavy rain and storms.

Obsession Bows
Sweet Shot 7
500 Club

Unread postby Sweet Shot 7 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:53 am

PLB wrote:I bet Sunday will be a great day in the woods. They should really be moving to feed after being hunkered down by heavy rain and storms.

Im waitning on this front as well! Almost 15 degree drop on Monday with rain and Ill have the West wind switching to NW that I need for a buck bedding area.
ozzz

Unread postby ozzz » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:18 am

Hoping its not too crazy to hunt saturday and sunday looks good.
If it bleeds, we can kill it . . . .
Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Unread postby Czabs » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:25 pm

Scouting tomorrow. Hunting Sunday is looking good!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
whitetail4ever

Unread postby whitetail4ever » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:51 pm

Hunting Sunday as well...should be good!
The woods has so much to offer to the human soul...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”