Youth hunt/ground blind questions

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

christian1
500 Club

Youth hunt/ground blind questions

Unread postby christian1 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:13 pm

Never done the youth hunt or hunted from a ground blind. Doing both this weekend. Questions--

1. I need blaze on the blind for the youth hunt. I bought a 2000 sq. inc. cover for the top. I assume this will meet the standards of 144 sq in per side?

2. I am hunting in a regular unit. My daughter got a anterless tag in her license. Is that good for the regular unit. Page 45 of the regs state she can shoot a buck with her regular tag and an anterless with a anterless tag. Does the anterless tag that comes with your license fit that?

3. Anything I am missing? Does she need her hunter safety card with her?

chris

BGHUNTER
Facebook: bgrangerhunter@live.com

Re: Youth hunt/ground blind questions

Unread postby BGHUNTER » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:09 pm

1- As long as 144 sq inches is visible from each side you should be ok.
During any gun or muzzleloader deer season, ground blinds (except waterfowl blinds)
on DNR owned or managed lands must have a minimum of 144 square inches of solid
blaze orange material visible from all directions.

2-Youth Under Age 18 – Youth ages 10-17 will be issued a statewide Antlerless Deer Carcass
Tag with their gun deer license. This tag is valid for tagging one antlerless deer in any
DMU statewide, including regular or buck-only units, during any open deer season with
the appropriate gun or archer license and weapon authorized by that license.

3- License should be sufficient.

Good luck.
christian1
500 Club

Re: Youth hunt/ground blind questions

Unread postby christian1 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:20 pm

BGHUNTER wrote:1- As long as 144 sq inches is visible from each side you should be ok.
During any gun or muzzleloader deer season, ground blinds (except waterfowl blinds)
on DNR owned or managed lands must have a minimum of 144 square inches of solid
blaze orange material visible from all directions.

2-Youth Under Age 18 – Youth ages 10-17 will be issued a statewide Antlerless Deer Carcass
Tag with their gun deer license. This tag is valid for tagging one antlerless deer in any
DMU statewide, including regular or buck-only units, during any open deer season with
the appropriate gun or archer license and weapon authorized by that license.

3- License should be sufficient.

Good luck.

Thanks BG. I was scratching my head about that Anterless tag. It said good statewide, but that seemed to confuse me even more since there are so many different types of tags and units across the state. Thanks for clearing that up.

chris

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”