vacation durring the rut?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

ONE UP

Re: vacation durring the rut?

Unread postby ONE UP » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:42 pm

Thanks for the input guys. Going with November 1st-6th :D . Looking to do all day sits. its very hard to get a target deer in these areas as it is mostly suburban.
Last edited by ONE UP on Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:49 pm

I think a lot of Slobs get killed in the morning as they start making there way back to bed just a few minutes later each day. Those first few minutes of legal time are golden!!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:50 pm

Late October I mean!!

Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:55 pm

Ill be in the stand November 1 to the 9th, I've always thought the 2nd to 6th are the prime days in Central Illinois. If they could only come out with a 30 day forecast so I can schedule my off days accordingly!
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:29 pm

Up north in the bigwoods the rut is like a swiss watch, very little mature buck movement even in the early stages of Nov. The big boys seem to sit tight and let all the 1 and 2 year old has some fun before they get serious. Best action I see is from Nov 7-14 and I just so happen to have vacation planned from the 7-13 this year.
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:58 pm

Oct 25-Nov 16th should have it covered :lol:

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:36 pm

Bucky wrote:Oct 25-Nov 16th should have it covered :lol:

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Do you have your MO days picked?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Mario
ProStaff

Unread postby Mario » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:27 am

Great info everyone, thanks. I will probably look at the first week of November, and get out a few days in late October as my schedule permits.
Sweet Shot 7
500 Club

Unread postby Sweet Shot 7 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:24 am

Im off Nov 1st through the 12th. Any where from October 21st on is great if the weather is cold!
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:32 am

I'll be off the 2nd thru the 10th. It's only one week but it's better than nothing.
phade
500 Club

Unread postby phade » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:04 am

Off Nov. 2 through the 13.

Early November can be good if its cool temp wise. Hot early November slows action imo (moving to darkness). I also seem to see some great deer between the 9-15th. Nowhere near the level of chasing...but the big ones seem to appear then.
http://www.pursuitoutdoors.com
Trail Camera Sales, Industry Updates, and Cam Troubleshooting - PM for HB pricing
wmihunter

Unread postby wmihunter » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:33 am

Depends on the temperature. I like nov 5-12

Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:01 am

With our gun opener on November 15, guys are all over the woods here in Mich the week before sighting in guns, setting up stands, slamming doors and yelling... private and public, on and on. November 6, 7 and 8 are primetime for mature bucks here in Michigan, but where they are bedded is very important. Many of these bucks will not consider running an open funnel during the daytime. I haven't heard much said about pressure in this thread and more power to you if you don't have to worry about it! 8-)

I like Halloween, the testosterone is rising in the bucks, leaf drop has taken place, the winds are blustery and often there are cooler temps. I really enjoy hunting at that time and get bucks on trailcam in deep swamp that have never been seen before. Heck, even I can feel it in the air... now that's saying something! :lol:
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:38 am

I like late October through about the 10th of November. I ALWAYS have great hunts on Halloween, my 2011 buck was chasing a doe on Halloween and last years was cruising on November 3rd. I take 3 weeks off to be safe but I always do my best from like the 28th through the 10th, and later than that and everyone is putting up gun stands and shooting guns etc. I usually suffer from burnout by then too with a bow.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:50 am

Singing Bridge wrote:With our gun opener on November 15, guys are all over the woods here in Mich the week before sighting in guns, setting up stands, slamming doors and yelling... private and public, on and on. November 6, 7 and 8 are primetime for mature bucks here in Michigan, but where they are bedded is very important. [glow=red]Many of these bucks will not consider running an open funnel during the daytime.[/glow]I haven't heard much said about pressure in this thread and more power to you if you don't have to worry about it! 8-)

I like Halloween, the testosterone is rising in the bucks, leaf drop has taken place, the winds are blustery and often there are cooler temps. I really enjoy hunting at that time and get bucks on trailcam in deep swamp that have never been seen before. Heck, even I can feel it in the air... now that's saying something! :lol:

X2. This applies to the moderately pressure private land I hunt in addition to public.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”