Winter coat in bed

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

KIoutdoors

Winter coat in bed

Unread postby KIoutdoors » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:07 am

Finally got internet back :dance: been to long! but I found a bed while spot checking a different one this summer. I only seen it because there was a lot of hair all over in a circle and walked over because I thought it was a dead deer but there were no bones or anything and I looked around pretty good. So I followed the hair literally to his staging area filled with rubs from last year 30 yards to the left of his bed ( This is in hill country). I was wondering if you guys have ever seen this before were a deer sheds his winter coat and the hair is all around in his bed or do you think it was from him dieing there? I will try to post pictures of the bed if I can figure out how.

"Not Nerdy, Obsessed" -Antler Geeks
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Re: Winter coat in bed

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:36 am

Yup, they often shed heavy like that in the spring. To learn how to post pictures check out the announcements thread.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
KIoutdoors

Re: Winter coat in bed

Unread postby KIoutdoors » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:21 am

Thanks! I kinda figured but wasn't 100% sure. And I will have to go check that out.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Not Nerdy, Obsessed" -Antler Geeks

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”