Govt Shutdown, Shuts Down My Deer Hunting

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Zap

Re: Govt Shutdown, Shuts Down My Deer Hunting

Unread postby Zap » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:58 pm

PLB wrote:Image

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

They gave the non-essential workers a furlough.......in private business the non-essential workers are permanently given off.......what a joke.

O is definitely non-essential...... :lol:

"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:19 am

Are fewer than one of every 10 Environmental Protection Agency employees essential to its work?

Only federal employees classified as “essential” can work during a government shutdown. At EPA, that means just 6.6 percent of its workforce, according to Reuters.

Of the agency’s 16,205 employees, a mere 1,069 will work through the shutdown. That means that taxpayers employ 15,181 people at the EPA who are “non-essential.”

Because of the shutdown, the EPA will not be able to work on the rules requested by President Obama in his climate plan, but Dina Kruger, a consultant and former climate change director at the EPA, said the agency would be able to complete the rules on time. It might just have to “work a little harder” once the shutdown ends.
Mario
ProStaff

Unread postby Mario » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:36 am

Crazinamatese wrote:And what can stop you from hunting that refuge? The unemployed park ranger??? I would hunt it.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

:lol: I was thinking the same thing... but in all seriousness this a crappy side affect of the government not being able to make decision efficiently...
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:15 am

Zap wrote:Are fewer than one of every 10 Environmental Protection Agency employees essential to its work?

Only federal employees classified as “essential” can work during a government shutdown. At EPA, that means just 6.6 percent of its workforce, according to Reuters.

Of the agency’s 16,205 employees, a mere 1,069 will work through the shutdown. That means that taxpayers employ 15,181 people at the EPA who are “non-essential.”

Because of the shutdown, the EPA will not be able to work on the rules requested by President Obama in his climate plan, but Dina Kruger, a consultant and former climate change director at the EPA, said the agency would be able to complete the rules on time. It might just have to “work a little harder” once the shutdown ends.

The guy that loads the toilet paper rolls in government buildings is non essential. Then when they realize no toilet paper is being deployed the guy that loads the toilet paper rolls is deemed essential. ;) :lol:
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Busch Light Bandit

Unread postby Busch Light Bandit » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:00 am

[glow=red]Letter from Obbuba:[/glow]

Every time I see him referred to as this, I can't stop chuckling. As far as the Parks being shut down, I suspect it won't last long. I believe the longest in history was 17 days but that was a long time ago.
All good things come to those who shoot straight
Busch Light Bandit

Unread postby Busch Light Bandit » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:16 am

The House of Reps is trying to pass a bill today that would fund the parks and monuments. It is expected to pass, but this article on Yahoo explains the Senate Dems will shoot it down.

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-invites-con ... 33902.html
All good things come to those who shoot straight
Mountain Man
500 Club

Unread postby Mountain Man » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:08 am

Here is the notice straight from the Dept. of Interior website. See the first and second bullet points on the page at the link below regarding no access or hunting on Federal lands during the shutdown.

http://www.doi.gov/shutdown/fy2014/upload/FWS-Fact-Sheet.pdf
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:29 am

Mountain Man wrote:Here is the notice straight from the Dept. of Interior website. See the first and second bullet points on the page at the link below regarding no access or hunting on Federal lands during the shutdown.

Now we have to ask ourselves where is it written that it is illegal to access public ground when the gov is shut down? I just wonder where all these rules are coming from. Just because they say it does mean it is right or legal. What exactly can they charge you with? Trespassing on public land? This is all a big show to make the "shutdown" as painful as possible for no reason. I doubt anything would hold up in court, however taking it that far may not be worth anyone's trouble so we may never know.
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:55 am

Mountain Man wrote:Here is the notice straight from the Dept. of Interior website. See the first and second bullet points on the page at the link below regarding no access or hunting on Federal lands during the shutdown.

This is an outrage!!

I wonder if this will get any attention from the big time "hunting industry" or more mainstream hunting media outlets.
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:05 am

Don't worry, soon China will own those lands...
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:32 am

The National Park Service has ordered the closure of a Virginia park that sits on federal land, even though the government provides no resources for its maintenance or operation.

The Claude Moore Colonial Farm announced on Wednesday that NPS has ordered it to suspend operations until Congress agrees to a deal to fund the federal government.

According to Anna Eberly, managing director of the farm, NPS sent law enforcement agents to the park on Tuesday evening to remove staff and volunteers from the property.

"You do have to wonder about the wisdom of an organization that would use staff they don't have the money to pay to evict visitors from a park site that operates without costing them any money," she said.

The park withstood prior government shutdowns, noting in a news release that the farm will be closed to the public for the first time in 40 years.
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:34 am

True story Zap. China is now the "sleeping giant". Its a matter of time.

The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:35 am

While the effects of the partial government suspension are starting to be felt, one thing's for sure: The budget stalemate woes would pale in comparison to the fallout from an impasse over the debt ceiling.

The financial markets are already starting to get the jitters over the prospect of a debt-ceiling showdown. A similar stand-off in 2011, combined with the shaky state of America's finances, contributed to the first-ever U.S. credit downgrade. Washington would risk another, and worse, if officials cannot come to an agreement by an Oct. 17 deadline.

"There is a consensus that we shouldn't do anything that hurts this recovery that is a little bit shallow, not very well established, and is quite vulnerable. And the shutdown of the government but particularly a failure to raise the debt ceiling would accomplish that," Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein said, after a meeting at the White House with other executives. "There is precedent for a shutdown. There is no precedent for default."

The debt-ceiling debate is now the backdrop to virtually all discussions about how to resolve the current impasse over the budget. While the federal government can limp along with fewer workers and fewer services, a failure to raise the debt ceiling could cause shockwaves.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average took a dive Wednesday morning amid concerns over the deadlock in Washington. President Obama, meanwhile, met with the CEOs of major banks to discuss both the partial shutdown and the debate over the debt ceiling.

Obama has invited congressional leaders from both parties to meet at the White House at 5:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, where both those topics will be on the table.

Obama and others warn that a failure to raise the debt ceiling would have consequences that ripple through the economy.
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:36 am

Crazinamatese wrote:True story Zap. China is now the "sleeping giant". Its a matter of time.

Yes, it is true.
C&T Archery
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ctarchery?ref=hl

Unread postby C&T Archery » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:48 am

Debt ceiling raising is like me having 10 maxed out credit cards and asking for another 10 please.

Government = 50% wasted money, because everyone is worried about re-election and no one wanting to make a hard decision.
http://www.ctarchery.com
email: sales@ctarchery.com

[glow=red]Farmers Insurance -- Chad Ratzburg Agency
FOR A FREE LOOK AT YOUR AUTO, HOME, ATV, BOAT, LIFE OR BUSINESS INSURANCE NEEDS. PM ME OR EMAIL ME
Email: cratzburg@farmersagent.com
[/glow]

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”