Swamp Hunting is Painful

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Badger
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allen.krelwitz

Re: Swamp Hunting is Painful

Unread postby Badger » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:28 pm

Jackson Marsh wrote:
Badger wrote:Reminds me of a time I was walking a irrigation ditch to my tree and fell though an undercut bank 5ft fall my stand smacked me in the back of the head and it was lights out for a sec. Good thing I didn't land face down because I probably wouldn't be here typing this right now, woke up on my back with water up to my neck. I climbed out bleeding from the head and still set up and hunted that night :D

I've had the "Lone Wolf love tap" to the head more than a few times, but never got cracked as hard as you did!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

I think what happened is the stand caught on the bank when I went through and drove it into the back of my head.

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:37 pm

Badger wrote:Reminds me of a time I was walking a irrigation ditch to my tree and fell though an undercut bank 5ft fall my stand smacked me in the back of the head and it was lights out for a sec. Good thing I didn't land face down because I probably wouldn't be here typing this right now, woke up on my back with water up to my neck. I climbed out bleeding from the head and still set up and hunted that night :D

Now that is what you call dedication! No sense in letting a concussion and blood loss ruin your hunt!! :shock: You are a Beast Badger!! :clap:

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Badger
500 Club

Unread postby Badger » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:05 pm

Those pesky head wounds bleed like a sieve too, good thing the coyotes didn't eat me. Didn't see any deer either
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:41 pm

Dewey wrote:

Now that is what you call dedication! No sense in letting a concussion and blood loss ruin your hunt!! :shock: You are a Beast Badger!! :clap:

I think Badger should get a Beast Merit Badge or something. :lol:
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
whitetail007
500 Club

Unread postby whitetail007 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:06 pm

its all part of the fun we call hunting :D
I BELIEVE IN PEACE.........THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER!
Badger
500 Club

Unread postby Badger » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:11 am

DEERSLAYER wrote:
Dewey wrote:

I think Badger should get a Beast Merit Badge or something. :lol:

Awesome! I need that one to make Falcon scout. :dance: :lol:

hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:17 am

Especially the scouting part too in the spring getting soaked and frozen. And then you cant even kill anything. I have come home before and seriously questioned myself why i do it and then the next day im jacked up to go back out already.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
forgehunter
500 Club

Unread postby forgehunter » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:28 am

if ya aint bleed'n and sore you aint huntin! ;)
Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jimmy V.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”