To pee or not to pee, That is the question.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bucky

Re: To pee or not to pee, That is the question.

Unread postby Bucky » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:26 am

I try not to around my stand... but if I have to I'm certainly not trying to into a bottle. Let R fly! In emergent situations #2 as well :oops:

"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:31 am

christian1 wrote:For the life of me I can't understand why you would pee out of your stand. It floors me actually. To think that the wind couldn't switch or that a deer couldn't come from a different direction seems either very arrogant or very foolish. Have you never smelled urine after a cup of coffee or food like asparagus? I am dumbfounded on this one.

chris

If the wind shifts and a deer smells the urine it means it already smelled you as well. Unless there are some thermals going on you will get busted when the wind shifts guaranteed.

I have peed on the upwind side of the tree and had a deer come in and smell it quite a few times. They never spook until they get to the downwind side of the tree or pick up some ground scent where I was standing while setting up. Never once have I had a deer spook from urine by itself.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:36 am

#2 from the tree! :shock: You guys are funny! :lol:

Looks like a full moon tonight through the trees...........oops.......never mind!!! :mrgreen:

hoot
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gary.schwartz.332

Unread postby hoot » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:17 pm

lol. this thread got humorous

I too let it fly from stand (not #2) ive had 'em walk thru the cedar branches i just pee'd on a couple hours earlier and never missed a step.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:30 am

Fun thread, takes me back to the pre-scent control era when I was a kid in the 80's. I remember my dad and I peeing in a bottle and using fox urine on our boots. Many we thought we were cutting edge! :lol:

Now I've kind of come full circle, pee is pee and I hunt the wind and nothing else. If the wind changes you should be ready for that and hunt a location that you can make work or just get up and move. Just a few years back the wind did a 180 on me and I got down and moved so I could still hunt that location. I wasn't in my new spot 10 minutes when a nice buck showed up and I put him down. He got a little spooked and I think he was smelling my backpack/stand I left in my old spot when I shot him.
BuckTrack81

Unread postby BuckTrack81 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:47 am

Wow, what a post!!! :lol: funny stuff!!

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:19 am

I certainly believe that meat eating animals urine smells different than vegetarian... However, I have not seen a lot of bad reaction to urine. I would normally reside on the side of caution, however, I think our human scent is a far greater deterant than urine and you can't pee farther than your scent is reaching.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”