Problem!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

PredatorTC
500 Club

Problem!

Unread postby PredatorTC » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:06 am

There is a peice of propery where i have a bucks bed picked out. Its in the swamp. The swamp is about 300 yards across and 2 miles long. There is hardwoods on one side of the swamp and field and a little bit of woods on the other. Well, the landowners which is a club logged out and area and made a shooting rage. Now you can hear a lot of gun shots all day on the other side of the swamp. One buck i have been watching has is bed about 250 yards from this new range. I have been carfuly putting my trail cam around the fields and i have not getting any pics of him like i have the past two years before the range was put in.

So do i dare walk into the swamp at this time of the year and check to see if he is using the bed, or should i just hunt it in september once i get the correct wind. What would you do?

UPbowhunter
Facebook: todd freeman

Re: Problem!

Unread postby UPbowhunter » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:55 am

I would wait for the right wind and scout it out. This is one of those times when your winter scouting cant be relide on. Also a rainy day would be good. Do your scouting, pick some trees if you find what your looking for and get out.
Go Go Epic Stuff, Seek Wilderness
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Problem!

Unread postby dan » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:14 am

You could do one of two things... Either go in and see if its getting used, or monitor the fields till he shows up. I would likely just watch the fields for tracks and pic's. If he don't show hunt elsewhere till he shows.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”