Rifles allowed statewide in WI starting November 1st

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Re: Rifles allowed statewide in WI starting November 1st

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:12 am

DropTyne wrote:
goldtip5575 wrote:[tab=30]
Bowhunting Brian wrote:
goldtip5575 wrote:If you all are giving credit to the DNR for trophy bucks your crazy.Landowner passing small bucks is the reason

passing on small bucks has nothing to do with using a rifle or a shotgun.

If you are unable to shoot further more bucks will survive why do the hunters from Iowa not want rifles???????????????????????????My response about trophy deer was about someone giving credit to the DNR for them not about rifle or shotgun use.

Have you been to Iowa before? The terrain is much different than here. I am sure it is more of a safety issue than a "we want to have big bucks" thing. I do agree with you that the quality of bucks on the rise in Wisconsin has a lot to do with private land owners managing the herd, I also know aggressive doe management is helpful in accomplishing this, thus the reason you see better bucks coming out of the CWD zones. In the area where I live most deer hunters/farmers that I talk to have some sort of quality buck management program, even those that own under 40 acres are still waiting on the big one. I have yet to meet any brown it's down hunters around here.

I have always wondered how Wisconsin with similar hunter numbers to Pennsylvania and Michigan, similar topography, and similar land fragmentation topples those states when it comes to trophy numbers. I am guessing maybe the QDM education level of the hunters of this state, or maybe neighbors pressuring other neighbors to pass bucks. Not really sure, but there is something different going on in this state than most of the surrounding Midwestern states.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Good post DropTyne!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”