How many years?? Bedding question

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

headgear
500 Club

Re: How many years?? Bedding question

Unread postby headgear » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:54 pm

Buckfever wrote:I have a set that produces almost every year tight to the bedding. I started using cameras on it last year. We saw no bucks on the cams till 9/30 last year. This year so far, as of today 9/21 no bucks. There are pressure retreats that the bucks will move to once the hunting pressure is felt. The biggest mistake I can make is to hunt it early. If I wait the pressure will push them in there and if I stay out they'll get comfortable there and if I wait till the pre rut they'll move during legal and I'll have a shot.

Only if I wait.

A valid point Buckfever, sometimes you just need the timing and often the pressure to be right. I remember posting years ago that my best spots didn't seem to be active until the pressure was up. Sometimes you need every idiot in the woods out there kicking around deer and leaving scent all over the place so a buck is forced into an area only you know where to hunt him.

whitetail007
500 Club

Re: How many years?? Bedding question

Unread postby whitetail007 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:38 pm

great topic
I BELIEVE IN PEACE.........THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”