Morning? Midday? Evening?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

NCmedic

Re: Morning? Midday? Evening?

Unread postby NCmedic » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:12 pm

Out of the two weekends I've hunted so far this season, sightings are AM - 1 fawn, (there was one other hunt where deer blew at me but I never saw them) PM- 18 deer. This is in relation to 3 AM hunts and 5 PM hunts

So I DEFINITLEY enjoy PM hunting more. Plus, I don't have to get up at 5 am lol. I'm not a morning person!
Last edited by NCmedic on Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Badger
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allen.krelwitz

Re: Morning? Midday? Evening?

Unread postby Badger » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:13 pm

NCmedic wrote:I can definitely understand how not hunting the AM applies to mature bucks because they tend to get back so early. How about AM hunting for does? Is there a time frame in the AM that tends to be pretty consistent for does returning back to bedding? I've only hunted once in the AM and I saw a fawn pass through but usually I avoid hunting the AM because I can never find good access to slip through bedding / food sources without potentially disturbing deer. Just curious how you guys feel about hunting in the AM if you were hunting for meat.

When I do morning hunt it's almost always for does. They tend to be more likely to be milling around after light on the way back to bedding. But sometimes they don't..gotta love hunting

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”