Tracking deer onto private property--input

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

phade
500 Club

Re: Tracking deer onto private property--input

Unread postby phade » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:30 am

I'm not of the midest to trespass to get the deer.

But, I will say this, many hunters who I know who target mature bucks but do so as ethically/legally as possible, have told me they will make an attempt to gain access. If a prior bad result occured (i.e. a NO), they all are of the mindset to go in, in the dark, and make a run for it.

I can't speak for them, but I found it interesting that it was near unanimous, and this is with hunters who do not know one another, hunt different areas, and are in general, good people. This seems to be the only hunting law that I've ever heard would be broken so widespreadly.

http://www.pursuitoutdoors.com
Trail Camera Sales, Industry Updates, and Cam Troubleshooting - PM for HB pricing
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:30 am

yOU MIGHT BE SURPRISED TO... Just cause the landowner don't get along with the guy, or other hunters, does not mean he will say no to you. He may just have never been asked in a respectable manor.
Sweet Shot 7
500 Club

Unread postby Sweet Shot 7 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:46 am

Iv had a few does run onto a horse farm that is no hunting. I just cross over and drag them back over!
Buckfever
500 Club

Unread postby Buckfever » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:01 pm

Stanley wrote:
Buckfever wrote:Honestly? Drill him and put him down. No tracking issue.

His dilemma is he is only 69 yards from the neighbors border line, if he is hunting in the middle of his property.

My point is in a situation like this, you have to be of the mind set with your shot selection that you're putting them down quick. Wait till they're close 15-20 yards max, broadside or slightly quartering away, make sure the posture of the animal is relaxed and put it in the crease, they don't go far.

He said 4 acres. Compared to some of the urban hunting I used to do 4 acres would be like hunting Iowa.
wmihunter

Unread postby wmihunter » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:05 pm

I once trespassed onto a big parcel looking for a buck that I think I one lunged. Anyway, my conscious made me seek permission the next day and I never got that deer. Recently I've got permission from 3 adjacent landowners to retrieve deer if needed cause I like to know ahead of time-it saves drama if you should a big one and it runs in the neighbors property!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”