Light bulb

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

upwind
Facebook: www.facebook.com/josephwrealty

Light bulb

Unread postby upwind » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:50 pm

After watching the hill country video the light bulb actually illuminated. Why don't more hunters use the beast tactics? If I had come across this forum or the videos I would have never probably known the approach that hunters on this forum use. The market is saturated with hunting shows and videos paid for by big companies but you never truly learn that much of value that can be effectively used in the field unless you own your own qdma lease and even than those spots are over pressured for the most part. I just want to say thank you to the creators of this forum and the video series for turning in the light bulb I'll never view deer hunting the same again.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Light bulb

Unread postby dan » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:07 pm

Im glad you liked it... Did you get the marsh bucks dvd too?
fishlips
500 Club

Unread postby fishlips » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:51 pm

upwind wrote:After watching the hill country video the light bulb actually illuminated. Why don't more hunters use the beast tactics? If I had come across this forum or the videos I would have never probably known the approach that hunters on this forum use. The market is saturated with hunting shows and videos paid for by big companies but you never truly learn that much of value that can be effectively used in the field unless you own your own qdma lease and even than those spots are over pressured for the most part. I just want to say thank you to the creators of this forum and the video series for turning in the light bulb I'll never view deer hunting the same again.

I've had the same thoughts, but have shared what I have learned from the site and videos with others and usually my comments don't register. Some of it I think has to do with the time and effort it takes. I also have found that when you talk about hunting bedding areas with guys that hunt only a few spots that they think you are nuts for putting the heat on the deer.

Either way, I have become a better hunter by applying what I have learned from the videos and this site.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:53 pm

upwind wrote:After watching the hill country video the light bulb actually illuminated. Why don't more hunters use the beast tactics? If I had come across this forum or the videos I would have never probably known the approach that hunters on this forum use. The market is saturated with hunting shows and videos paid for by big companies but you never truly learn that much of value that can be effectively used in the field unless you own your own qdma lease and even than those spots are over pressured for the most part. I just want to say thank you to the creators of this forum and the video series for turning in the light bulb I'll never view deer hunting the same again.

I agree!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
yungbuck
500 Club

Unread postby yungbuck » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:17 pm

I am grateful to have found a wise forum based on solid technique and helpful hunters... the beast method is tried and true and something that is changing all I knew about deer...props to all who comment and share and better the sport

nothing but a simple minded god fearing public land bow hunter
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:34 am

Outstanding. I'm sure you will have many more come on as you read through the posts on this site.

scooters

Unread postby scooters » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:27 am

I think the beast tactics are outstanding. They provide ways to get on the bucks outside the rut that almost all the tv shows promote. I think if a person has a large ownership of property and a qdma you could use some of the standard techniques without overly pressuring. But like most of us we own small pieces of property or none and are at the discretion of neighboring hunters. This is where the beasts tactics help us to take control of hunting the resources that's given to us. I'm implenting public hunting to my thanks to the beast. I'm also looking at my property differently from in the past. I continue to read and learn from this site and I look forward to more class sessions from the experts on this site:)

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:59 am

I believe more guys don't hunt Beast style because the hunting trend is new this and new that. Buy this dust in a bottle and you will kill bucks like this guy. The industry is so commercialized now it's hard to see through the bologna. Some of the real good veteran hunters like Dan can tell you about scent control, but the tv world paints a different picture. I understand the tv shows need sponsors to keep going. I also understand buying gimmicks won't make you a serial big buck killer. The new age hunters are misled by all the pixy dust, they have a tough time doing things the right way.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
upwind

Unread postby upwind » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:08 am

I am extremely grateful to the founders of this forum, it's members, associated videos etc for it allowed me to actually get my hands on info that actually mattered. Today's market except for a few older books is super saturated with gimmicks along with stuck in my way attitudes that truthfully for the most part was not teaching me anything of true value. I could watch mainstream hunting tv shows all day and only learn maybe one or two actionable pieces of data yet even than unless I had acres of private land for a qdma program most of the info is not what I was searching for.

Chasman

Unread postby Chasman » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:12 am

I think some of the teachings of Deer Pros is useful. Not much and only from a very few. The industry is like stated a commercial joke. Now I am being told I need an ozone machine with me. Come on already. The average guy would need to rent a mule to get all this junk in the woods. I try and go as lean as possible when entering the woods. Beast Style is one heck of a tactic. Works very well. Now we should all stop telling so many people!!!!! Thanks Dan..
bigwoodsmn

Unread postby bigwoodsmn » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:32 am

upwind wrote:After watching the hill country video the light bulb actually illuminated. Why don't more hunters use the beast tactics? If I had come across this forum or the videos I would have never probably known the approach that hunters on this forum use. The market is saturated with hunting shows and videos paid for by big companies but [glow=red]you never truly learn that much of value that can be effectively used in the field[/glow]unless you own your own qdma lease and even than those spots are over pressured for the most part. I just want to say thank you to the creators of this forum and the video series for turning in the light bulb I'll never view deer hunting the same again.

[glow=red]X2[/glow]

The buck bed location information (both in the marshes and in the hills) is priceless to me. Watching how to setup silently on the two YouTube videos, and hunt immediately... Priceless. Getting the exact right stand: Priceless. I have an approach to areas I know and I have an approach to a new area I'll be hunting in 6-7 weeks. 90 mins in the pitch dark and 60 mins in the light yesterday I could have filled my freezer. First Lone Wolf sit. I wasn't in the exact right spot - scouting will fix that. But I thought that was pretty cool. Plus it was fun to be out deer hunting.
binney59
500 Club

Unread postby binney59 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:47 am

A lot of people like to hunt where there are a lot of deer and hope that one of them brings in a mature buck during the rut. Beast mode makes it a challenge to gather intel on the buck and hunt him specifically. For whatever reason I had a huge lightbulb moment when I heard Andre say in and interview that he hunts one specific buck and basically doesnt stop until he kills it. Up until then I never thought about hunting a specific buck, we were all about hunting in areas that had a lot of sign and hoping for the best. Now I hunt smarter and with a specific purpose and plan. Welcome!
upwind

Unread postby upwind » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 am

Chasman wrote:I think some of the teachings of Deer Pros is useful. Not much and only from a very few. The industry is like stated a commercial joke. Now I am being told I need an ozone machine with me. Come on already. The average guy would need to rent a mule to get all this
junk in the woods. I try and go as lean as possible when
entering the woods. Beast Style is one heck of a tactic.
Works very well. Now we should all stop telling so many
people!!!!! Thanks Dan..

While I want to promote the site/forum and associated hunting styles. I actually would rather only myself and a few hunting friends know about the beast. It's selfish but I'd rather the rest of the guys stick with there old tactics
therefore so not going after same spot on the map;)

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:57 pm

upwind wrote:
Chasman wrote:I think some of the teachings of Deer Pros is useful. Not much and only from a very few. The industry is like stated a commercial joke. Now I am being told I need an ozone machine with me. Come on already. The average guy would need to rent a mule to get all this
junk in the woods. I try and go as lean as possible when
entering the woods. Beast Style is one heck of a tactic.
Works very well. Now we should all stop telling so many
people!!!!! Thanks Dan..

While I want to promote the site/forum and associated hunting styles. I actually would rather only myself and a few hunting friends know about the beast. It's selfish but I'd rather the rest of the guys stick with there old tactics
therefore so not going after same spot on the map;)

No worrys, most guys won't do the work.
BuckyHunter13

Unread postby BuckyHunter13 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:25 pm

dan wrote:No worrys, most guys won't do the work.

The absolute truth. I've given up trying to convince the people I hunt with the most that we've been doing it wrong. It's either "nothing I didn't already know" (okay, then why weren't you acting on this knowledge?) or ignored completely as they continue telling their excuse-laden story. Most guys don't want to hear that the solution to their hunting miscues is 10x more work than walking out 2 hours before dark to the same pre-hung stand.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”