Found two primary beds to hunt by watching the Marsh video.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bigwoodsmn

Found two primary beds to hunt by watching the Marsh video.

Unread postby bigwoodsmn » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:18 am

I thought back to two bucks that I almost shot while still-hunting last fall. After watching Marsh Bucks, I realize I was in both their primary bedrooms. I think I may already have shot one of the bucks, a couple days after I jumped from his bed. Anyway, I have some intel to reasonably think the other buck is still alive and using the other spot. It didn't all snap together until I watched those videos.

One interesting hunt was Andre's hunt where he bumped a mega-buck then set up on that bed, right then after he bumped the buck. After he cleared some brush, he left and slipped back in there the very next morning. It was still a 'virgin' sit. The huge buck came back and he arrowed it.

These videos are making things I've seen... make more sense... and giving me ideas for ways I can pick on bucks.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Found two primary beds to hunt by watching the Marsh vid

Unread postby dan » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:15 am

Good post, but I want to point out something. You may have killed one of the bucks of whom you founds bed, but in no way does that mean the bed is done producing.... Many big bucks will bed in the same spot. Beds are not randomly picked by bucks, they are in exact locales for specific reasons. There are a few beds I have killed multiple bucks out of.
bigwoodsmn

Re: Found two primary beds to hunt by watching the Marsh vid

Unread postby bigwoodsmn » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:37 pm

Yes that one spot is fantastic...a perfect example of a cattail bed just off a wood line... I can see another buck moving right in there. Rubs right around the bed.. a couple routes out its perfect

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”