Using the word "harvest" mortal sin?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Weezy

Re: Using the word "harvest" mortal sin?

Unread postby Weezy » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:51 pm

I've never " Harvested" any deer, but I sure have Killed a bunch.

Lu Rome

Unread postby Lu Rome » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:55 am

The term "harvest" isn't a new one to appease anti hunters. We've been using it since at least the 50's. I have reports that refer to the "Deer Harvest" from back then.

Call it whatever you want, but don't be offended/bothered by an old word you think is new.
“Curiosity never killed the cat. The cat died from stupidity, or maybe an overdose of mice.” -The Old Man
G-Patt
500 Club

Unread postby G-Patt » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:41 am

"Harvesting" is not an accurate description. Harvesting connotes the possession of something that you plant or raise for the purpose of killing and consuming. For example, you plant and harvest corn; you raise and harvest rabbits or cattle. Both are in your possession for the purpose of consumption at a later date. You don't raise and harvest wild deer. You kill or shoot deer.
On my deathbed, I will receive total consciousness. So I have that going for me, which is nice!
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:19 am

john1984 wrote:
matt1336 wrote:I don't like it. Only because I'm pretty sure the term originated from some huntin show producer in an attempt to make the show more PC. I don't like being PC, therefore I KILL deer, turkeys, fowl, fish and whatever else is legal and in season. I enjoy legally KILLING aminals for my family to eat. Tell it like it is and don't sugar coat it. It's the cycle of life, the way God intended it to be. Living creatures are born and die every day for various reasons, deal with it.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Do you believe cleaning up the blood before taking pics is "sugar coating it"???..

I don't. That's just making for a nice photo. No different than cleaning up a child's face before a family photo. With this thread resurfacing, one can tell it's a ways till hunting season and people are getting stir crazy. LOL....I'm not a harvest guy. Seems to polically correct to me. I dont care what others use though.
Grizzlyadam
500 Club

Unread postby Grizzlyadam » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:00 pm

Sometimes, it depends. Depends who I'm talking to and what deer it was. I often harvest solitary does early season for the freezer, then I kill a big buck later in the season. I love when people ask me if I caught one yet. I tell them I tried catching them but the kick too much so now I just shoot them.
A5BLASTER
500 Club

Unread postby A5BLASTER » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:08 pm

I tell you what this new miracle grew just ain't bring up the 160 class bucks I planted for this harvest season.

So I guess I better plan a out of state trip for this October so I can KILL me a big buck this year.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”