Whats in your pack no matter what

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Exophysical

Re: Whats in your pack no matter what

Unread postby Exophysical » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:43 am

The holly trinity of bushcraft, a knife, a compass, and matches. Everything else, including the pack, is optional.

They say millwrights can fix anything except a broken heart, but I've even got a tool that can do that!
derekt28

Unread postby derekt28 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:15 pm

In my pack I have a compass, matches, knives (hunting, griptilian, Leatherman w/pruners), small first aid kit with compression bandages, 2 liter water bottle, flashlight with red lens, headlamp, extra batteries, binoculars, GPS unit, folded waterproof map of area, extra ammo, and gun magazine, G29 w/ two loaded magazines, 1 in the gun, 1 spare. Shooting glasses, and earplugs, beef sticks/jerky, raisins, instant coffee, and granola bars. Surprising no TP, I usually drink Pepto-Bismol the night before, and that blocks me for several days
NRA Life Member
GSSF Member
Certified Glock Armorer
Dabowhunter

Unread postby Dabowhunter » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:33 pm

Snickers
natvbearhntr
500 Club

Unread postby natvbearhntr » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:46 am

I'm terrible at packing my backpack. There isn't a time I have everything I need. Sometimes I forget my flashlight, other times it's my knife, once I forgot my release. The most important thing that I always forget is toilet paper or tissue paper and I'm stuck sniffing all night long or wiping my nose on my shirt. I wish my wife knew what I needed so she could pack my backpack for me!!
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:38 am

Pixie dust.... :shhh:
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
bigwoodsmn

Unread postby bigwoodsmn » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:55 am

natvbearhntr wrote:I'm terrible at packing my backpack. There isn't a time I have everything I need. Sometimes I forget my flashlight, other times it's my knife, once I forgot my release. The most important thing that I always forget is toilet paper or tissue paper and I'm stuck sniffing all night long or wiping my nose on my shirt. I wish my wife knew what I needed so she could pack my backpack for me!!

Natv... my knife is really for cutting up my <insert-cheapest-article-of-clothing-here> when I forget TP...
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:27 am

bigwoodsmn wrote:
Natv... my knife is really for cutting up my <insert-cheapest-article-of-clothing-here> when I forget TP...

:lol: Same here, lost many a pairs of sox and undies to lack of TP.

I had a bad habit of overpacking a bunch of stuff I didn't really need. Bought a tiny fanny pack and I am now forcing myself to just carry the basics. If I'm sitting all day I will bring a bigger back but if we are talking a short sit I just try and bring the basics.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”