You know what's sad?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

hunter_mike

Re: You know what's sad?

Unread postby hunter_mike » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:02 am

Muzzleloader would be a great prize in the bigbuck contest

[ Post made via Android ] Image

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
Ridgerunner7
500 Club

Unread postby Ridgerunner7 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:12 am

Phade I have a kid that would absolutely die and go to heaven for a ML. His name is Stevie and I take him out on the Michigan youth hunt every year. He's a good kid but needs some delicate guidance as he's very impressionable by others that could get him into trouble. He's turned to the outdoors and just loves it. If its something you'd be interested in I can give you his info an you could talk to him.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:24 am

Great gesture Phade. A real stand up guy, not that I doubted it anyway.

Keep lookin, surely there's someone out there that would love to have it. I know I would have a long time ago.
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:40 pm

Phade, great gesture. I got a neighbor kid (now 13) I introduced to MZ hunting last year. I have two and have him covered, so not really putting him on your list, but will say this. I am not so sure he fully understands all the weapons yet as he still asks a lot of questions. That might be part of what you are seeing in trying to give the gun away. Some young'uns might not fully understand it and what they need to do with one.

Keep at it
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
phade
500 Club

Unread postby phade » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:53 pm

Thanks for the kind words. For those asking non-locally, while I would love to figure something out, I would prefer it stay local. I'd like to ensure there's a good conversation with the parents face to face before handing it over to them, especially in today's society.
http://www.pursuitoutdoors.com
Trail Camera Sales, Industry Updates, and Cam Troubleshooting - PM for HB pricing
Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:06 am

phade wrote: For those asking non-locally, while I would love to figure something out, I would prefer it stay local. I'd like to ensure there's a good conversation with the parents face to face before handing it over to them, especially in today's society.

Good idea on the parent talk.

Around here this time of year, there are a lot of hunter safety courses goin on and most that attend are youths. Also we have a camp that encourages youth participation in outdoor activities such as hunting and fishing. You might check with the local game wardens for programs such as these and see if you can find interest there.
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”