The pressure is starting to show

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Brad

Re: The pressure is starting to show

Unread postby Brad » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:20 am

I agree the walking of the property certainly can effect deer bedding and movement. Let's keep this thread on that topic, I am sure Tyler works hard up there to keep it going, and who is paying the taxes or leases it is not the point of this thread.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Buckfever
500 Club

Unread postby Buckfever » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:11 pm

How is this property during the rut? Might still be a good rut hunt this year.
UntouchableNess
500 Club

Unread postby UntouchableNess » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:24 pm

Best of luck for this season, BigHunt.

I decided not to run cameras on the farm this year. While glassing from afar, I'm seeing a big bachelor group feeding in the beans during the evening. Is this a result of not stomping around checking cameras? Who knows and how does a person figure that out?

Also, even though the bachelor group is here now, come the rut, I'm sure it will be fruit basket upset, with some of them moving on, new bucks trolling in. Either way, hope it works out for you and I.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:28 pm

Buckfever wrote:How is this property during the rut? Might still be a good rut hunt this year.

well I guess its not a total lose ...next spring after the after math im going to drag a lot of the tops of the trees to certain funnel's to make them even better
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
mibowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mibowhunter » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:40 pm

BigHunt wrote:well I guess its not a total lose ...next spring after the after math im going to drag a lot of the tops of the trees to certain funnel's to make them even better

2 years ago I was informed less than a week before bow season that i had to take my stands down and get my cameras out - the farmer was going to log the woods... i was shocked and a little ticked off but i didn't own the property so i couldn't say much. I just complied. 2 things came out of that - the rut still produced a 142" drop-tined 13 pointer on a hang and hunt one morning. And the next season's hunting was awesome with the new browse/growth from logging. The deer loved it! all is not lost. I hope it works out for you!!
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:18 pm

Any sorts of pressure bites. I promise you though in the long run it will make your woods better. New growth and such will grow and the tops of the trees laying around from the logging will make outstanding bedding.
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:44 pm

If they leave tops on those points I'd expect them to be redhot very quickly. Perhaps drag some brushpiles in strategic spots right when they finish...

This is probably the best thing you could hope for as far as killing mature bucks off that property over the next decade.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:53 am

I agree with the others, that you may be sacraficing this yea,r but the following years should only get better.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”