The pressure is starting to show

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BigHunt

The pressure is starting to show

Unread postby BigHunt » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:38 am

well these past 5-6 years I haven't had any problems with keeping farm quiet and scentless up to season but a curveball was thrown at me as I told my grandfather about my pic numbers being very low this summer. he saidthat there logging out the farm this winter to pay for taxes :shock: and then he goes on about how him and the log buyer have been walking the property all summer long marking trees and what not :doh:

this just gos to show you don't walk around you land during summer...just that change in pressure has change a lot of patterns. im really not looking forward to early season this year over there, every things all messed up... when I checked my cams I have at least 15-20 pics of them walking around :roll: I have three good bedding points on the farm and there all messed up. my grandpa was showing me on a map were there taking trees down ...not looking good for the points :cry:

but it is what it is... unfortunately I have no say about this so ill go along for the ride...maybe this will make bedding better in a couple years..

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Jackson Marsh

Re: The pressure is starting to show

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:01 am

Hopefully by the time the season rolls around the tree marking will be done and after the velvet comes off the bucks will be back.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:47 am

BigHunt wrote:well these past 5-6 years I haven't had any problems with keeping farm quiet and scentless up to season but a curveball was thrown at me as I told my grandfather about my pic numbers being very low this summer. he saidthat there logging out the farm this winter to pay for taxes :shock: and then he goes on about how him and the log buyer have been walking the property all summer long marking trees and what not :doh:

this just gos to show you don't walk around you land during summer...just that change in pressure has change a lot of patterns. im really not looking forward to early season this year over there, every things all messed up... when I checked my cams I have at least 15-20 pics of them walking around :roll: I have three good bedding points on the farm and there all messed up. my grandpa was showing me on a map were there taking trees down ...not looking good for the points :cry:

but it is what it is... unfortunately I have no say about this so ill go along for the ride...maybe this will make bedding better in a couple years..

After it is logged in 3-5yrs it will be the best property in the area ;)
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
ozzz

Unread postby ozzz » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:55 am

You should start paying the taxes.
If it bleeds, we can kill it . . . .
Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:55 am

Bucky wrote:

I agree.

I wouldn't worry about it Bighunt. As long as they're loggin, there deer will be around and as soon as they leave they'll be right back at it. Get ready for changes tho. I love a logged over spot.
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:00 am

Southern Man wrote:
Bucky wrote:

I agree.

I wouldn't worry about it Bighunt. As long as they're loggin, there deer will be around and as soon as they leave they'll be right back at it. Get ready for changes tho. I love a logged over spot.

I agree

but as far as early season its toast ...my grandfather told me there not done yet and plan on a couple more outings...hes real old so they cant walk it all in one day.. he said there a little over half done :roll: and about every weekend there up there walking around
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:01 am

ozzz wrote:You should start paying the taxes.

what do you mean, its not my land! its my grandfathers
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
GRUD
500 Club

Unread postby GRUD » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:36 am

He means that if you would help him with the taxes he would not have to log it to pay them. At least he has a way to pay them or the property would be sold at a tax sale.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:02 am

BigHunt wrote:
Southern Man wrote:
Bucky wrote:

I agree.

I agree

but as far as early season its toast ...my grandfather told me there not done yet and plan on a couple more outings...hes real old so they cant walk it all in one day.. he said there a little over half done :roll: and about every weekend there up there walking around

I am not trying to be harsh, but its his land.
Be grateful for some private land to hunt and offer to help out in some way.

Have a good season, BH.
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
dirt nap giver

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:23 am

There is a diiference between hunter pressure and human pressure. maybe just a shift in travel routes? I am sure this isnt the only time deer in the area have dealt with logging.

I would set in observation before throwing in the towel.

Just my perspective.
hard work trumps talent, when talent fails to work hard
Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:59 pm

On our farm when the four wheelers start running up an down the wood roads an doors are slamming the patterns start to change, does not take much. I try to be in stand before all the commotion starts. Kind of nice to set there in the peace an quite an listen to the other hunters rushing to the stands when it is 20 minutes after sunrise.
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
ozzz

Unread postby ozzz » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:36 pm

GRUD wrote:He means that if you would help him with the taxes he would not have to log it to pay them. At least he has a way to pay them or the property would be sold at a tax sale.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Exactly. You start to pay the taxes and you wouldnt have to deal with this. I dont know what your personal or family situation is but that would also be a good step in controlling the land in the future.
If it bleeds, we can kill it . . . .
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:11 pm

dirt nap giver wrote:There is a diiference between hunter pressure and human pressure. maybe just a shift in travel routes? I am sure this isnt the only time deer in the area have dealt with logging.

I would set in observation before throwing in the towel.

Just my perspective.

I have been up there every other weekend and haven't spotted much ...in the past years I would have gotten 5-6 bucks on film ....this year 2 I sat there thinking to my self what is going on ???? and then when I found out about the logger walking around ALL summer that tells the hole story right there!!!
Last edited by BigHunt on Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:15 pm

Zap wrote:
BigHunt wrote:
Southern Man wrote:
Bucky wrote:

I agree.

I agree

I am not trying to be harsh, but its his land.
Be grateful for some private land to hunt and offer to help out in some way.
Have a good season, BH.

funny you say that because im the ONLY GRANDSON that comes up and helps with work! last weekend we split 1500 pounds of wood and spread a load of gravel the hard way by hand cuz the guy driving the truck forgot to set the chains :roll:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:20 pm

You weigh your firewood?

:lol:

Jk.
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”