New house & plot part 2

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

RUTIN
Facebook: Zach Taylor

New house & plot part 2

Unread postby RUTIN » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:31 am

So I finally got around to taking some pics..... Plot isn't as big as intended and moved it away from the wood line as well. Had to use my zero turn to mow it so it took AWHILE and didn't want to overload the mower. Black is the plot, blue lines are new trials I've mowed, red dot is a 8'-9' tree that I'm trying to make a licking branch (social point). Here's what she looks like so far:

Trial to the plot:

Top plot:

Where the blind will be looking at top plot, bottom plot to the right:

Bottom plot:

RUTIN

Re: New house & plot part 2

Unread postby RUTIN » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:32 am

Driveway:

House:

Backyard:

BGHUNTER
Facebook: bgrangerhunter@live.com

Unread postby BGHUNTER » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:18 am

Nice.
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:24 am

Very nice place man! I am very envious!!! This city living is terrible for me.

Looks like a good food plot spot for sure.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:00 am

You have a beautiful place there RUTIN, but I see a lot of "wasted" space that could be put into cover like switch grass and maybe a tiny food/kill plot. Of course a small orchard surrounded by mast producing shrubs for screening cover would be a nice touch too. :think: :mrgreen: But then again, maybe that is the kind thinking that keeps me single. :lol:
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:03 am

I like it a lot.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:51 am

Stanley wrote:I like it a lot.

X2! Looks like a great place to raise kids and fling some arrows.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
RUTIN

Unread postby RUTIN » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:53 am

DEERSLAYER wrote:You have a beautiful place there RUTIN, but I see a lot of "wasted" space that could be put into cover like switch grass and maybe a tiny food/kill plot. Of course a small orchard surrounded by mast producing shrubs for screening cover would be a nice touch too. :think: :mrgreen: But then again, maybe that is the kind thinking that keeps me single. :lol:

Explain bud.... I'm open ears. The plot is surrounded by 4'-5' tall cover with deer beds everywhere. I wanted to leave some cover around all 3 sides except the North which has the fencerow and my access trail from the NE. I don't intend on hunting this plot just draw deer into it to watch. There's thousands of acres around me to hunt, I just want to create a little sanctuary.

Do you think I went to big/small of a plot? More or less cover? I planned on putting a plot screen in all the way around the plot as well (not the North end tho) so they feel safe in there as well.

Zach
Darin
500 Club

Unread postby Darin » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:35 pm

Looks great Zach! I like the idea of the plot screen.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:44 pm

Nice looking piece of property you got there.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
trdtnlbwhntr

Unread postby trdtnlbwhntr » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:39 am

when you plant your plot, place a cylinder of chicken wire or something around a section so you can see the normal growth vs what the deer are taking off the place. Then post some pics at the end of the growing season so we can see. That kind of stuff really interests me.
str8shooter

Unread postby str8shooter » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:46 am

Great looking place and will definitely provide a lot of fun opportunities for viewing and probably hunting. If it were me I'd eliminate all that lawn and plant my plot there and put the rest into cover, but I'm not a fan of spending my summer mowing :D
Find his shed, find his bed, use your head to make him dead.
RUTIN

Unread postby RUTIN » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:56 am

trdtnlbwhntr wrote:when you plant your plot, place a cylinder of chicken wire or something around a section so you can see the normal growth vs what the deer are taking off the place. Then post some pics at the end of the growing season so we can see. That kind of stuff really interests me.

Will do
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:23 pm

RUTIN wrote:
DEERSLAYER wrote:You have a beautiful place there RUTIN, but I see a lot of "wasted" space that could be put into cover like switch grass and maybe a tiny food/kill plot. Of course a small orchard surrounded by mast producing shrubs for screening cover would be a nice touch too. :think: :mrgreen: But then again, maybe that is the kind thinking that keeps me single. :lol:

Explain bud.... I'm open ears. The plot is surrounded by 4'-5' tall cover with deer beds everywhere. I wanted to leave some cover around all 3 sides except the North which has the fencerow and my access trail from the NE. I don't intend on hunting this plot just draw deer into it to watch. There's thousands of acres around me to hunt, I just want to create a little sanctuary.

Do you think I went to big/small of a plot? More or less cover? I planned on putting a plot screen in all the way around the plot as well (not the North end tho) so they feel safe in there as well.

Zach

I was talking about your yard like str8shooter was referring too. If I did it there wouldn't be much yard left. :mrgreen: Nothing wrong with what your doing.

I'm a deer habitat nut case in case you haven't noticed yet. :D
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”