Huntmore Chairs...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

rutnbuck

Re: Huntmore Chairs...

Unread postby rutnbuck » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:59 am

Would these chairs be good for gun hunting out of a box blind? Anyone use that. Looking for an older office chair that doesn't squeek when its cold. Seems like the older ones are better than the new ones. May have to tac a few spots to get it just right. But I would be interested to see if its worth the money to sit in a huntmore in a box blind.

dirt nap giver

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:30 am

rutnbuck wrote:Would these chairs be good for gun hunting out of a box blind? Anyone use that. Looking for an older office chair that doesn't squeek when its cold. Seems like the older ones are better than the new ones. May have to tac a few spots to get it just right. But I would be interested to see if its worth the money to sit in a huntmore in a box blind.

Quite a few guys use it out of a box blind, that's why the adjustable height was a must. Google Huntmore chairs and you will see them in action.

Shot the new videos today, going to set in an observation stand for a few hours and will work on posting tomorrow morning before work.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
hard work trumps talent, when talent fails to work hard
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:30 am

Price and weight and bulk are the killers for me on the Huntmore chairs. When I first saw one at a hunting expo a few years ago I commented to the guy working the booth how heavy it was......too heavy for my mobile style of turkey hunting. Told him that if they could design a lighter chair that only had legs and no height adjustment or swivel that they would have a hot seller. Hard to beat the Double Bull mag chair.....plenty comfortable and noticeably lighter.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:41 am

Ack wrote:Price and weight and bulk are the killers for me on the Huntmore chairs. When I first saw one at a hunting expo a few years ago I commented to the guy working the booth how heavy it was......too heavy for my mobile style of turkey hunting. Told him that if they could design a lighter chair that only had legs and no height adjustment or swivel that they would have a hot seller. Hard to beat the Double Bull mag chair.....plenty comfortable and noticeably lighter.

bingo. Having to unpack and then attach the back and but pads is a time killer

[ Post made via Android ] Image
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
dirt nap giver

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:18 am

muddy wrote:
Ack wrote:Price and weight and bulk are the killers for me on the Huntmore chairs. When I first saw one at a hunting expo a few years ago I commented to the guy working the booth how heavy it was......too heavy for my mobile style of turkey hunting. Told him that if they could design a lighter chair that only had legs and no height adjustment or swivel that they would have a hot seller. Hard to beat the Double Bull mag chair.....plenty comfortable and noticeably lighter.

That boggles my mind. I can do it in complete darkness in under 3 minutes.

dirt nap giver

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:21 am

Alright everyone! I have no more hair left!
I don't know what I am doing wrong or what more needs to be done.
Bought a new computer, have shot these video's 3 times and it still isn't working. I don't know what to say!

muddy

Unread postby muddy » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:42 pm

dirt nap giver wrote:
muddy wrote:

Like anything it gets easier with time, chair set up included. To me they're the best hunting chair on the market, but I'm not going to carry that heavy thing in when the Double Bull Magnum chair works, weighs less, and I can actually pack it into my Double Bull blind carrying bag. I get what you're saying though, when I am totally hooked on a product I can't fathom why no one will bat an eye and change their opinion based on mine!!! ;) I've hunted with both, I know what I prefer.

BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:33 am

muddy wrote:

X2 .... Tryed them not a fan.... My large double bull chair works great

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:00 am

Met Scott at the Illinois Deer and Turkey some time back, good guy. Welcome to The BEAST Huntmore.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
dirt nap giver

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:00 pm

The Huntmore was designed to be a blind chair, not a run and gun. The design is to allow rotation to the animal which ever way it comes from while allowing proper shooting form from the chair rather than dropping to your knees to shoot. Run and gun requires a different product. Scott has been listening to those who choose to hunt this way. Wait til next year, less than 4 pounds and sets up in less than 5 seconds. That's all I can say at this time.
dirt nap giver

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:24 pm

muddy wrote:
dirt nap giver wrote:
muddy wrote:

Like anything it gets easier with time, chair set up included. To me they're the best hunting chair on the market, but I'm not going to carry that heavy thing in when the Double Bull Magnum chair works, weighs less, and I can actually pack it into my Double Bull blind carrying bag. I get what you're saying though, when I am totally hooked on a product I can't fathom why no one will bat an eye and change their opinion based on mine!!! ;) I've hunted with both, I know what I prefer.

It boils down to a matter of perspective, I would rather have a one time purchase of quality than continued purchases of cheap. I would also prefer to be comfortable during my sits than to sit 2 hours and be miserable the remainder of the time. It has nothing to do with being "hooked on a product". If you sit all day, or for hours on end, another minute of set up time is worth it to me in exchange for comfort. I also prefer to hunt from my Lone Wolf instead of a cheap stand because I don't want a cheap noise maker. Sure it's bulky, and strains on my back, but it's worth it. I hope the day never comes, when ones body demands quality and comfort over cheap and painful, but for most of us, that day is here.

I was asked to chime in to inform others as to my usage of the Huntmore, a comment was made regarding the set up time and weight, so I replied with my experience. BTW, have you tried the folding chair method? works great, and set up time is greatly reduced. How about the back pack strap method? Solves both issues of bulk and set up time.
dirt nap giver

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:46 am

Here is one of the videos.
http://youtu.be/jHnel-lqD1Y
dirt nap giver

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:52 am

Here is everything I filmed. Hope it helps.

Please feel free to ask questions or comment. Thanks for your patience while I figured this out.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNQ-341 ... 33Q/videos
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:08 am

dirt nap giver wrote:
muddy wrote:
dirt nap giver wrote:
muddy wrote:

It boils down to a matter of perspective, I would rather have a one time purchase of quality than continued purchases of cheap. I would also prefer to be comfortable during my sits than to sit 2 hours and be miserable the remainder of the time. It has nothing to do with being "hooked on a product". If you sit all day, or for hours on end, another minute of set up time is worth it to me in exchange for comfort. I also prefer to hunt from my Lone Wolf instead of a cheap stand because I don't want a cheap noise maker. Sure it's bulky, and strains on my back, but it's worth it. I hope the day never comes, when ones body demands quality and comfort over cheap and painful, but for most of us, that day is here.

I was asked to chime in to inform others as to my usage of the Huntmore, a comment was made regarding the set up time and weight, so I replied with my experience. BTW, have you tried the folding chair method? works great, and set up time is greatly reduced. How about the back pack strap method? Solves both issues of bulk and set up time.

We're not going to change each others opinion on this, that much I can see, but since you directly quoted and asked me the questions I'll reply one last time. Yes, it's perspective, I agree. I bought the DB magnum chair the year they came out and when it broke I sent it to DB and they sent me a new one no questions asked. Nothing inferior about that. I do long sits while turkey hunting, in Kansas we didn't leave the fields for anything and I had no problems other than my knees and that wasn't the chair, that was baseball. :) I love quality equipment, I think anyone on this site that has seen what I hunt with can attest to that. The Huntmore Chair is, by far, the best hunting chair on the market but the one major con of WEIGHT is what made me sell mine. I am not familiar with the "folding chair method" nor the ""back pack strap method", if that is indeed a legit thing please enlighten me because I'll definitely rethink my thoughts. I'll check the videos out, see if I can learn something.

Good discussion.

muddy

Unread postby muddy » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:09 am

dirt nap giver wrote:Here is one of the videos.
http://youtu.be/jHnel-lqD1Y

Cannot be viewed, it is a "private video". You gotta change some settings.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”