Bed Hunting - How do you set up quietly

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

seeds

Re: Bed Hunting - How do you set up quietly

Unread postby seeds » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:43 am

One area I plan on hunting a bunch...WAY back in mixed ag,higher "artificial prairie" and marsh,all public...There's some nice bucks (one monster that I've seen twice) and I've identified buck beds/bedding areas. I've prepped more trees than I'll hunt and I'm heading back to get a couple/few more done before today's rain.

I can't imagine how I could get within several hundred yds of almost any of those buck beds without bustin' out a doe or four. There's a crapload of deer back there - especially for SE WI public land.

I'm hoping some of those does will begin bedding farther back once a few dove hunters come wandering thru but I'm not sure how many bird hunters will: There's ditches to cross.

Thoughts?

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:19 am

TRy to learn a rought in that don't spook does that you can get close enough with... If that don't work, find a way in that spooks the does, but the buck don't see or smell you and get in midday giving him time to settle down and forget about you. I often spook a deer and still get a shot at the target animal.
GRUD
500 Club

Unread postby GRUD » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:20 pm

Bed hunting in the morning is really hard, especially on pressured deer because they typically are in bed before light. I have only taken one good buck on A morning hunt as he made his way back to his bed. Moon was right and it was my first time In on this buck. Shot him at first light at 6 yards. I dont attempt morning hunts very often because there are only a few days a year that the moon is right to try it and then you have to get the wind too. It is really cool though when all the conditions line up perfect for you and you can get it done.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”