What are your plans for opener?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Jackson Marsh

Re: What are your plans for opener?

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:09 pm

Zap wrote:They voted the raise a while ago....

Congress has pushed the fiscal cliff to the brink and has been the least productive since at least the 1940s. No matter, lawmakers will get a pay raise in 2013, reports The Weekly Standard.

The annual salary of members of Congress will rise from $174,000 to 174,900. Leadership in Congress, including the speaker of the House and Senate majority leader, will likewise get an increase.

Under current federal law lawmakers' pay automatically rises unless they specifically vote to deny themselves a raise - which this year they didn't. The $900-a-year raise is in line with what other federal workers will get in the coming year. That's because President Barack Obama recently issued an executive order to end the pay freeze on federal employees, in effect giving some federal workers a

You tired Zap :lol:

[ Post made via Android ] Image

PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:11 pm

Zap wrote:They voted the raise a while ago....

Congress has pushed the fiscal cliff to the brink and has been the least productive since at least the 1940s. No matter, lawmakers will get a pay raise in 2013, reports The Weekly Standard.

The annual salary of members of Congress will rise from $174,000 to 174,900. Leadership in Congress, including the speaker of the House and Senate majority leader, will likewise get an increase.

Under current federal law lawmakers' pay automatically rises unless they specifically vote to deny themselves a raise - which this year they didn't. The $900-a-year raise is in line with what other federal workers will get in the coming year. That's because President Barack Obama recently issued an executive order to end the pay freeze on federal employees, in effect giving some federal workers a

Wrong thread Marty

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:16 pm

Opps, maybe a mod can fix it?

:lol:
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:17 pm

Zap wrote:Opps, maybe a mod can fix it?

:lol:

LOL!!!!

Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:28 pm

Copy and paste Zap! :lol:

BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:23 pm

Jackson Marsh wrote:I'll be perched in a tree near a buck bed, depends on the wind and last week or two glassing on which bed I pick.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

x2
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Milk Weed Seed
500 Club

Unread postby Milk Weed Seed » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:26 pm

Milk Weed Seed wrote:Won't know yet, until it's go time.... Wind always the major decision maker

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Should also add 9/14 -9/28 is Earn a buck in my opening zone. Plan is kill a doe then move on plan B. Kill a target buck. Plan B. usually takes a few weeks to finalize.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
[glow=red]Happiness is only a gut pile away[/glow]
westmibow

Unread postby westmibow » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:10 am

I will probably be riding "its a small world" at Disney World...lol. I told my wife to stop schedule family trips in November so I comprimised and we are going to be gone the first few days of Oct.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:55 am

Got a handful of good early season bedding areas, some I have had encounters with mature bucks in the past few years, others always hold good mature buck sign from year to years. Going to hunt the best spot based on the wind and any sign I find just before opener.

I am generally always buck hunting if I have enough time to get to my buck locations, save the doe hunting for after work when I only have an hour or two to hunt.
nater

Unread postby nater » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:06 am

I will be on my honeymoon agreeing to everything that is asked/demanded of me so that I can justify spending half of the following three months hunting.

Wish me luck.
Sweet Shot 7
500 Club

Unread postby Sweet Shot 7 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:14 am

westmibow wrote:I will probably be riding "its a small world" at Disney World...lol. I told my wife to stop schedule family trips in November so I comprimised and we are going to be gone the first few days of Oct.

lol right!
Sweet Shot 7
500 Club

Unread postby Sweet Shot 7 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:15 am

nater wrote:I will be on my honeymoon agreeing to everything that is asked/demanded of me so that I can justify spending half of the following three months hunting.

Wish me luck.

Good luck!
Sweet Shot 7
500 Club

Unread postby Sweet Shot 7 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:17 am

Pretty much the same here. Waiting on one of the big boys to come back and bed on my property and I will be on him. Got some decent bucks on cam but going to hold out on them. Cant wait!
Busch Light Bandit

Unread postby Busch Light Bandit » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:56 am

Well where I work I literally see deer out in the day time everyday. Ole mamma doe and her chidrens follacking around and around. Pretty much putting me in agony. Lucky for me, I hunt the property just to the north of where I work, so maybe we'll meet the dad this fall. I've scoped out a bed, but it's trickier to get to than last year. Beans instead of corn this year in the field gives him great visibility. I'll have to go black ops on him.
All good things come to those who shoot straight
Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:07 pm

nater wrote:I will be on my honeymoon agreeing to everything that is asked/demanded of me so that I can justify spending half of the following three months hunting.

Wish me luck.

I'll be getting married October 27th in Mexico so I'm in the same boat. I have every weekend planned to be out of town hunting so my fiance is telling everyone we get married then she won't see me for a month. She wanted to get married in November and that wasn't happening!

I'll be at my urban spot right outside of Chicago. Need to take care of some does and have one good buck running around. Haven't killed a deer there in three years so going to to my best to end the drought!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”