Lighted Nocks

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jay

Lighted Nocks

Unread postby Jay » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:23 pm

Picked up a few new arrows today and added lighted nocks. Thought it would be cool for filming. How many of you guys and gals use them and if so do you like them?

rack addict
500 Club

Re: Lighted Nocks

Unread postby rack addict » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:55 pm

I don't hunt without them. Makes the footage that much better imo. you can see exactly where you hit
dirt nap giver

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:18 pm

rack addict wrote:I don't hunt without them. Makes the footage that much better imo. you can see exactly where you hit

X2

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
hard work trumps talent, when talent fails to work hard
Ridgerunner7
500 Club

Unread postby Ridgerunner7 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:10 pm

I've been messing with them this summer. Added some weight to the back of my arrow which I don't like. It took my foc to like 8%. Didn't effect much at say 20-35 yards but at longer distances I really noticed my groups get bigger and arrow drop.. I must say, they are really cool to watch flying through the air.

bb70

Unread postby bb70 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:17 pm

I've tried them all. Personal preference but would recommend using the Nocturnals. Ease of use and are the most reliable that I have used over the years. As Ridgerunner stated they do affect most set ups after 40 yds. Lower poundage setups can be drastically different when shooting. They can be life savers in multiple ways. Thought I made a great shot on a late season giant 4 years ago. Was 14" snow and I stalked into 40 yds of a slob. Shot looked good but as I went to go look where I shot there was my nock lit up under the deep snow. It saved me lots of sleep after I realized I had a clean miss... would of never found that arrow without lighted nock.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:28 pm

I shot a doe once on film and at the shot she droped and broke off the back of the arrow inside her. The shot was steep and I got one lung. Blood ran out quickly.... After losing blood, I walked the trails finding other sign like fresh running tracks and such and was having a hard time when something glowing in the distance caught my eye... The whole side of the doe with its short sept hide ( opening day Wisconsin ) was glowing and could be seen from a distance... I have the whole thing on film. Need to put it together one of these days.
Rutnstrut
500 Club

Unread postby Rutnstrut » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:54 am

dan wrote:I shot a doe once on film and at the shot she droped and broke off the back of the arrow inside her. The shot was steep and I got one lung. Blood ran out quickly.... After losing blood, I walked the trails finding other sign like fresh running tracks and such and was having a hard time when something glowing in the distance caught my eye... The whole side of the doe with its short sept hide ( opening day Wisconsin ) was glowing and could be seen from a distance... I have the whole thing on film. Need to put it together one of these days.

That sounds awesome, would be cool to see the video.
gjs4
500 Club

Unread postby gjs4 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:36 pm

Dont film but I am sold on them- like nockturnals the most too
Green and growing... Or red and rotting
CypressBreak

Unread postby CypressBreak » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:06 pm

i shoot nockturnals and love them. They work awesome when filming hunts. Image
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:34 am

Another vote for green nocturnals, the positives far outweigh the negative in my opinion.

Milk Weed Seed
500 Club

Unread postby Milk Weed Seed » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:38 am

I tried the luminocks 6-7 years ago and didn't like them. Maybe I'll have to give the nocturnals a shot? I hear a lot of people say how much they like them.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
[glow=red]Happiness is only a gut pile away[/glow]
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:47 am

just started using them this summer. they are the rage brand(pink). they are very nice. shoulda been using them all along. it almost startles me a bit when i c it flying cause im not use to it and forget they are on there . i got a half dozen with and a half dozen without. il get more before season starts so i have plenty. i just shot a stupid robinhood today and am ticked. i have never done that in all these years shooting---what a waste of arrows, im hoping i can get that arrow out of the other one but dont know if i would trust it to shoot after that....
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:47 am

Milk Weed Seed wrote:I tried the luminocks 6-7 years ago and didn't like them. Maybe I'll have to give the nocturnals a shot? I hear a lot of people say how much they like them.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

X2! I did not have good luck with Lumenock. I think I'm ready to try the Nocturnals this season.

Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:46 am

Been wanting to get some lighted nocks. Thanks for the reminder........just ordered a 3 pack of red Nockturnals.

I tried Lumenocks before and didn't care for them. Hopefully these will be better.

muddy

Unread postby muddy » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:31 am

Nockturnals are awesome. Lumenocks suck.

http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”