Lighted Nocks

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bonemonger

Re: Lighted Nocks

Unread postby bonemonger » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:35 pm

if you use nockturnals I recommend putting some wax in the hole that turns them off. it will keep blood from getting inside the nock after you shoot a deer.

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:35 pm

bonemonger wrote:if you use nockturnals I recommend putting some wax in the hole that turns them off. it will keep blood from getting inside the nock after you shoot a deer.

Good tip. Thanks

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
GRUD
500 Club

Unread postby GRUD » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:45 pm

I put a 1/2 inch strip of reflective wrap around the back of my arrows. Makes them easy to find after dark with a flashlight. I have a lighted knock or two and they can be seen from a long way off at night. I killed a deer that died way down in some bottoms once and I bumped one on and stuck it in the ground near the kill so i could find it again when I returned with help. It also works for going back to find your treestand and gear after night tracking.

Bigdaddy-yoyo
500 Club

Unread postby Bigdaddy-yoyo » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:01 pm

GRUD wrote:I put a 1/2 inch strip of reflective wrap around the back of my arrows. Makes them easy to find after dark with a flashlight. I have a lighted knock or two and they can be seen from a long way off at night. I killed a deer that died way down in some bottoms once and I bumped one on and stuck it in the ground near the kill so i could find it again when I returned with help. It also works for going back to find your treestand and gear after night tracking.

great tip.......thanks grud
rutnbuck

Unread postby rutnbuck » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:07 am

I've been using Firenocks for the past 3 years and they are flawless and are the brightest out of all the luminated nocks and made in Illinois (USA). They come in different colors and styles to fit all types. They have the weighted practice nocks. Everything is sealed from the elements so they are watertight. Very well made and customer service is excellent. You generally have to order them through their site. Most stores or archery shops don't carry them. I still use my original ones, haven't changed the batteries, just tap the nock and it goes on and off. Their pricey$$$
Jay

Unread postby Jay » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:52 pm

Thanks for all the input and tips. I did purchase the nockturnals but I got them in red. I have to say they look pretty cool.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”