Leasing land poll

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Leasing land poll

Leasing is great, I'm buying more land to lease out.
No votes
Leasing is great, I lease all the ground I can.
6%
Leasing is the future of hunting.
11%
Leasing is fine for those with more money than time.
22%
Leasing doesn't affect me much.
27%
Leasing will kill hunting as we know it.
33%

Total votes: 81
Milk Weed Seed
500 Club

Re: Leasing land poll

Unread postby Milk Weed Seed » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:51 am

Not enough land leasing by me to have an opinion about it.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

[glow=red]Happiness is only a gut pile away[/glow]
beaston

Unread postby beaston » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:33 am

Ohio's property is owned mostly by private landowners. Claimed to be 95% private, so yes leasing will kill hunting in this state and it will become a Rich mans sport. The only property I have exclusive rights to is my own and my neighbors have no knowledge or care to have knowledge of QDM practices. I do have access to 1500 or so acres of private ground but so don't several other hunters(just about anybody who asks) . I'm pretty set against leasing but really have contemplated the idea now and then .
binney59
500 Club

Unread postby binney59 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:53 am

I didnt vote but would vote if there was a "leasing is fine" choice. Not sold on the "for those who have more money than time" part of the choice. I know people who lease because they want to practice QDM and cannot effectively do so on public. They are far from wealthy but enjoy being able to put in plots, hang stands year round, etc without having to come up with tens of thousands to put down on their own land.
Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:32 am

binney59 wrote:I didnt vote but would vote if there was a "leasing is fine" choice. Not sold on the "for those who have more money than time" part of the choice. I know people who lease because they want to practice QDM and cannot effectively do so on public. They are far from wealthy but enjoy being able to put in plots, hang stands year round, etc without having to come up with tens of thousands to put down on their own land.

I agree. There wasn't enough options.
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:09 am

ttt
fishlips
500 Club

Unread postby fishlips » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:13 am

Can't justify leasing myself right now, but understand why people do. It really doesn't affect my hunting right now.
Bayshorebuck8
500 Club

Unread postby Bayshorebuck8 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:13 pm

X2 binney

[ Post made via Android ] Image
blizzardhunter
500 Club

Unread postby blizzardhunter » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:59 pm

I'm sorry but I have to be the odd man out. Anyone who encourages government regulations on private ground is a fool. If someone owns land and wants to lease it to nonresident hunters should be able to do so. Yes it's hard to get permission or find a lease but land owners should be able to do what they want with their land without politics being involved. And trying to stop out of state hunters is ridiculous. If you don't like the situation do something to change it. You can't complain about the same thing and do the same things and expect different results. I'm not a huge fan of leasing agents either but I can understand why landowners like them. Too many people are quick to sue and take advantage of them. If someone wants to lease a big chunk of ground to hunt it and manage it properly and can afford to do so good on them.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”