Ohio fluorescent orange laws?!?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

admiral04

Ohio fluorescent orange laws?!?

Unread postby admiral04 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:56 pm

I plan to hunt ohio this year and it is a new state for me. I thought ohio was like Pa i. That you didnt have to wear orange during bow season(with the acception of a few dates) but ive been catching rumor that ohio changed this yr for non-residents and you have to wear orange now. Just curious if anyone knew if there was any truth behind this or not

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

RUTIN
Facebook: Zach Taylor

Re: Ohio fluorescent orange laws?!?

Unread postby RUTIN » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:41 am

That would be news to me.... The only time you have to wear orange is if you are bowhunting during ANY firearm season. Early Muzzy, youth hunts, gun season, late muzzy ect.
Sweet Shot 7
500 Club

Unread postby Sweet Shot 7 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:12 am

RUTIN wrote:That would be news to me.... The only time you have to wear orange is if you are bowhunting during ANY firearm season. Early Muzzy, youth hunts, gun season, late muzzy ect.

X2
phade
500 Club

Unread postby phade » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:45 am

I'm not quite sure what you are describing. Are you saying that orange is required for non-residents? Seems a bit ludicrous, no?

Agree on the orange for gun days during bow. Simple as that.
http://www.pursuitoutdoors.com
Trail Camera Sales, Industry Updates, and Cam Troubleshooting - PM for HB pricing
admiral04

Unread postby admiral04 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:00 am

phade wrote:I'm not quite sure what you are describing. Are you saying that orange is required for non-residents? Seems a bit ludicrous, no?

Agree on the orange for gun days during bow. Simple as that.

Yes that's what I meant about nonresidents. My feelings were the same as yours but I wanted to make sure before I go in with camouflage and end up with a fine

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
phade
500 Club

Unread postby phade » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:43 am

Sounds like a joke, such as saying there are no deer left in Ohio, or IL, or KS and so on.

I find that hard to believe so much so I wouldn't bother thinking another second about it.
http://www.pursuitoutdoors.com
Trail Camera Sales, Industry Updates, and Cam Troubleshooting - PM for HB pricing

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”