Sites and broadheads

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

steve22

Re: Sites and broadheads

Unread postby steve22 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:54 am

Ya they do :) I think I'm gonna stick with muzzy 100, I'm just constantly looking for ways to improve. Thanks for the input
Another thing I really like about the muzzy broadheads is that they hold a razor sharp edge for a long time, I've used the same broadhead through 3-4 deer before I HAVE to sharpen it !

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Brad

Unread postby Brad » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:00 pm

I use both kind of sights, a slider is more accurate most of the time. With that said if you forget to adjust it before the shot its a recipe for disaster, don't laugh it happens a lot. I do not like pin clutter, so now I feel I have the best compromise, a multi pin sight set at 25 and 40 and the rest of the pins dropped to the bottom. My sight picture is clear and bright but I can adjust for longer shots by going to my second pin. For broad heads I have had by far the best luck with slick trick 100 grain magnums. I would not hesitate to put them in any big game animal in North America. I do not trust mechanicals for big game, its a POTENTIAL weak spot or system failure if they don't open or if they deflect. No weak links, leave nothing to chance.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
NBK438

Unread postby NBK438 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:39 pm

I have a 5 pin truglo sight with DPT(decreasing pin tech) that are all green pins. I have shot a couple different broadheads. From mechanicals, fixed, and the hybrids(NAP blood runner). The best head I have found (blood trail and flight) is the slick trick magnum. That's my .02

[ Post made via Android ] Image
May-39

Unread postby May-39 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:36 pm

I currently shoot a multi pin,,next sight will be 3 pin,,,,,290+ bows are pretty straight to 25-30 yards,,While I practice at 50+ I'm not shooting beyond it.

I am thinking about swithing to slick tricks
I'm cheap and while I've had great success with rages, my arrow gets broke nearly every time,,those easton axis arrows aren't cheap..pass throughs would save some $$..Plus I take the first good shot I get, quartering towards, near vertical, I don't see alot of mature bucks every year, let alone wandering broadside in open spaces
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:48 pm

single pin here. my site is a 3 pin and I push the two bottom all the way down out of the way. they are for back-up in case the first one breaks. I can shoot one pin out to 40. sighted in at 25 and hold just a little high for 40. when the big one comes, I don't want to have to think or move a slider. (of forget to move it). as far as broadheads, they all work. I have used thunderhead, muzzy, g5 montec, and now g5 strikers. I have killed with all and all worked great. I have killed more with muzzy.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”