P&Y to vote on allowing lighted nocks.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dor
500 Club
Facebook: Chris Dornack

P&Y to vote on allowing lighted nocks.

Unread postby Dor » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:51 am

Just received a ballot.

Call The Footed Shaft to order Kwik-Straps 507-288-7581 or order at the kwik-strap.com
dreaming bucks

Re: P&Y to vote on allowing lighted nocks.

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:55 am

Not sure how I feel about this one........ On one hand, who cares if you use a lighted nock to shoot a deer, but on the other hand, it's not fair to allow it now, when all the guys before couldn't use them...... is it? :?
Dor
500 Club

Unread postby Dor » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:58 am

dreaming bucks wrote:Not sure how I feel about this one........ On one hand, who cares if you use a lighted nock to shoot a deer, but on the other hand, it's not fair to allow it now, when all the guys before couldn't use them...... is it? :?

Same could be said about a compound and a compound actually gives you an advantage over the deer, a lighted nock merely allows you to make a better judgement call on game retrieval. Which IMO is an improvement in ethics.

Call The Footed Shaft to order Kwik-Straps 507-288-7581 or order at the kwik-strap.com
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:04 am

Can't believe they even need to vote on that. I understand that P&Y is against any type of electronics but lighted nocks have zero advantage when it comes to making the kill other than helping recovery by making your shot more visible after it leaves the bow. That is a good thing and can be a huge factor on deciding how soon to blood trail an animal depending on how good you believe your shot was. Increased recovery rates are good for bowhunting in general.
Dor
500 Club

Unread postby Dor » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:10 am

IF someone wants to post the ballot with arguements for and and agaisnt i will text you the 2 images to post. At work and cant do it myself today. PM your # if you want to do it.

dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:17 am

So, if this passes............ If I shot a buck 5 years ago with a lighted nock, and at the time could not enter it, Could I now enter it in the books?
Dor
500 Club

Unread postby Dor » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:25 am

dreaming bucks wrote:So, if this passes............ If I shot a buck 5 years ago with a lighted nock, and at the time could not enter it, Could I now enter it in the books?

No idea, but I would guess so.

Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:02 am

I'm in the "who cares" category
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 am

Bucky wrote:I'm in the "who cares" category

LOL!!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:17 am

Me too... But wondering how they will handele the guys of whom they removed all of there entrys out of the books after finding out one was shot with a lighted nock?

Seems to me, that they are trying to change the attitude towards there recent drop in support. They can change all the rules they want... After what they did to Andrae, I ain't never entering another buck.
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:19 am

A big x2!
dan wrote:

Me too... But wondering how they will handele the guys of whom they removed all of there entrys out of the books after finding out one was shot with a lighted nock?

Seems to me, that they are trying to change the attitude towards there recent drop in support. They can change all the rules they want... After what they did to Andrae, I ain't never entering another buck.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:30 am

dan wrote:

Agree, P&Y has thrown soiled underwear into more than one clean clothes drawer.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:31 am

Stanley wrote:
dan wrote:

Agree, P&Y has thrown soiled underwear into more than one clean clothes drawer.

You have a way with words Stanely. :lol:
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:24 pm

Agreed, my joy comes from shooting a good buck and seeing him on my wall not from a piece of paper that says I shot a good buck.
Gibby
500 Club

Unread postby Gibby » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:17 pm

dan wrote:They can change all the rules they want... After what they did to Andrae, I ain't never entering another buck.

What did they do to Andrae?

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”