Lonewolf assault vs. alpha

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

gjs4
500 Club

Re: Lonewolf assault vs. alpha

Unread postby gjs4 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:33 am

Have both. Unless it is a quick sit the alpha goes everytime. Sold my new assault for the older lighter one; then there is an sizable difference.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Green and growing... Or red and rotting
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:58 am

Alpha for me.... worth every penny IMO
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:47 am

I have both, I had only the Alpha for the first years, now that my son is hunting, I bought him an assault. I prefer the Alpha because like others said it's a roomy compared to the Assault, adn you really wont notice the weight difference. If you are always hunting thick out of the way places I would get the assualt, otherwise I'd get the alpha for the room over the assault.
trdtnlbwhntr

Unread postby trdtnlbwhntr » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:16 am

Before last year, I had never sat in a LW stand. I bought one and a set of sticks and found out how great they are. Since then I have purchased three more sets of sticks, and two more alphas. Easy to hang, let me repeat that, EASY TO HANG, comfy, and spacious. Their adjustability is fantastic as well.
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:47 am

ive got 5 or 6 lone wolfs and use em all, i dont even remember what models they are but some have larger platforms than others. i like having multiples cause if i hang a stand and know im coming back eventually i can leave it and just use a different one when i go to a different farm.
JJWI

Unread postby JJWI » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:16 am

I have both, and I do switch between them during the year. I like the Assault if I am going in to a nasty thick spot. It is a little shorter and narrower, and seems easier to manuever in those thick areas without getting hung up. I also like using the Assault on smaller diameter trees because it seems to lock on them better. I do like the Alpha also. The larger platform and the slightly higher seat is nice. Both stands are great, and you can't go wrong with either one imo.
GRUD
500 Club

Unread postby GRUD » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:29 am

I use the Assualt because it is smaller and lighter and fits in narrower places. The extra room you gain with the alphs is back behind the cables where I dont put my feet anyway. Also I dont need the extra room because I do not move around much on stand.

xpauliber
500 Club

Unread postby xpauliber » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:14 am

I was in your situation last year and opted to go with the Alpha. Never tried an assault, but I don't regret buying the Alpha. I was used to the platform from using my Sit n Climb and the transition was seamless.
kurt

Unread postby kurt » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:29 am

their both excellent
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:27 pm

trdtnlbwhntr wrote:Before last year, I had never sat in a LW stand. I bought one and a set of sticks and found out how great they are. Since then I have purchased three more sets of sticks, and two more alphas. Easy to hang, let me repeat that, EASY TO HANG, comfy, and spacious. Their adjustability is fantastic as well.

You're right they are sooooo easy and effortless to hang its unreal!! Not a sound either!! Best hang on stand bar none!!

Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
Dor
500 Club
Facebook: Chris Dornack

Unread postby Dor » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:12 pm

GRUD wrote:I use the Assualt because it is smaller and lighter and fits in narrower places. The extra room you gain with the alphs is back behind the cables where I dont put my feet anyway. Also I dont need the extra room because I do not move around much on stand.

yep

Call The Footed Shaft to order Kwik-Straps 507-288-7581 or order at the kwik-strap.com
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:13 am

Dor wrote:
GRUD wrote:I use the Assualt because it is smaller and lighter and fits in narrower places. The extra room you gain with the alphs is back behind the cables where I dont put my feet anyway. Also I dont need the extra room because I do not move around much on stand.

yep

X3
When better is possible, good is never good enough
gjs4
500 Club

Unread postby gjs4 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:20 am

RaisedByWolves wrote:
Dor wrote:

yep

X3

Within minimal cover i will hang on the backside of a tree using the trunk to obscure my position. It leads to a bunch of head turning and a few caught off guard instances but it has paid off enough i will hunt a tree that others would shy away from due to the lack of cover...so the alpha pays off. I also do this during gun as a screw in step can be added as a rest on each side of the tree.
Green and growing... Or red and rotting
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:03 am

I don't think you can go wrong with alpha or assault. That being said, back in the winter I seen the muddy bloodsport on sale and bought one. I haven't sat in it for a long period of time but I figurd out a good way to strap my lone wolf sticks to it and took it out in the woods to give it a try. It was very quiet and I was impressed with the rope system they have for attaching them to the tree. It locked on to the tree very solid and was comfortable. Also I bought the stealth strips that were made for the lone wolf and was able to make them fit pretty nicely on the muddy stand. I would recommend this stand for sure.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”