Couple of good articles lately-Moondude, Wired..., Dan

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

gjs4
500 Club

Couple of good articles lately-Moondude, Wired..., Dan

Unread postby gjs4 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:12 am

Most of the deer mags out there are just to pass the commode time but have surprisingly stumbled on a couple of good articles lately including one that had some good info from Moondude (on here) in Bowhuntingworld....wiredtohunt.com had another great one titled "4 average joes killing tv quality bucks"...and just a few more down is dans write up on tracks which is a cornerstone...

Green and growing... Or red and rotting
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Couple of good articles lately-Moondude, Wired..., Dan

Unread postby dan » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:11 am

I think the tide is changing... Hunters who choose to hunt without spending gobs of money on products or land / outfitters are making a comeback... I have recently had 3 major magazines call to interview me about tactics. And they are all looking for guys hunting public or pressured whitetails and excelling above the rest.
ozzz

Unread postby ozzz » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:21 am

dan wrote:I think the tide is changing... Hunters who choose to hunt without spending gobs of money on products or land / outfitters are making a comeback... I have recently had 3 major magazines call to interview me about tactics. And they are all looking for guys hunting public or pressured whitetails and excelling above the rest.

I agree. The vast majority of us out there are in the same boat and want a certain type of content and just cannot relate to the main stream stuff.
If it bleeds, we can kill it . . . .
keb
500 Club

Unread postby keb » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:43 am

I do think the big magazines are losing customers, there are about 2 or 3 DIY guys writing stories, nobody wants to read a story about a outfitted hunt where you killed anything. The thing about DIY stuff is no matter how popular it becomes, it still possess one thing in today's fast paced world that can't not be bought DESIRE!

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:21 am

Is the one from Moondude online?
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
jonsimoneau
500 Club

Unread postby jonsimoneau » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:07 pm

I love to read about hunting. It took me alot of years to realize how to sift through the BS. I'm not at all interested in articles about hunting with outfitters for anything other than species where it is pretty much mandatory. I also don't wanna read articles about hunting on 1000 or more acres of managed hunting land because it is simply out of reach for most of us. I find it a little rediculous that the Iowa DNR had a sit down with the Drury brothers about deer management. I'm not knocking those guys whatsoever. But if u wanna have a sit down and talk deer management why not go with the average Joe? That's like Obama sitting down with movie stars to talk politics. Nobody cares. This website is absolutely the best one when it comes to average joe whitetail fanatics. Skill level means less than the desire to learn and do better. How you do it is important. So it is of no surprise to me that people are enjoying these articles and are inspired by them. I think we've all had enough of the outhouse channel.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
jonsimoneau
500 Club

Unread postby jonsimoneau » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:22 pm

This is the best site about deer hunting tactics. And the articles written by those previously mentioned are all good and inspiring.

gjs4
500 Club

Unread postby gjs4 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:07 pm

Ridgerunner Is one of the guys in the W2H article - congrats. HB is the place to learn from the best

Green and growing... Or red and rotting
WiredToHunt

Unread postby WiredToHunt » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:07 pm

gjs4 wrote:Most of the deer mags out there are just to pass the commode time but have surprisingly stumbled on a couple of good articles lately including one that had some good info from Moondude (on here) in Bowhuntingworld....wiredtohunt.com had another great one titled "4 average joes killing tv quality bucks"...and just a few more down is dans write up on tracks which is a cornerstone...

Thanks for the mention gjs! We'll keep trying to pump out high quality, better than "commode reading only" whitetail content! haha
Mark Kenyon
Founder of WiredToHunt.com
Host of The Wired To Hunt Podcast
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:46 pm

WiredToHunt wrote:
gjs4 wrote:Most of the deer mags out there are just to pass the commode time but have surprisingly stumbled on a couple of good articles lately including one that had some good info from Moondude (on here) in Bowhuntingworld....wiredtohunt.com had another great one titled "4 average joes killing tv quality bucks"...and just a few more down is dans write up on tracks which is a cornerstone...

Thanks for the mention gjs! We'll keep trying to pump out high quality, better than "commode reading only" whitetail content! haha

You have been doing a stellar job man and I am not pandering. Really I appreciate what you are doing, just like I appreciate dan and everyone else behind the scenes who made this site what it is. I would still be blindly stumbling around the deer woods if it were not for all this great information recently obtained.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
WiredToHunt

Unread postby WiredToHunt » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:51 am

Much appreciated palmetto! I'm definitely still learning just like you guys (and have a LOT more to learn) - so I'm just doing my best to devore as much new knowledge as I can, and share what I learn along the way. It's great to hear that it's helping other folks too.
Mark Kenyon
Founder of WiredToHunt.com
Host of The Wired To Hunt Podcast
moondoondude
500 Club

Unread postby moondoondude » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:53 am

DEERSLAYER wrote:Is the one from Moondude online?

I just saw it yesterday, finally. It is bowhunting world magazine. I think maybe it is called bowhunting xtreme. The focus as others have mentioned is just average guys that hunt a lot and do it without throwing money or a name around, and end up taking some big deer.

I don't have any leases or spots I pay to hunt, I have no private land of my own, and I don't have any fancy gear or equipment sponsors. I will also have write-ups in two other magazines coming out soon, I don't know which ones exactly nor do I know exactly when they are coming out.
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:36 am

moondoondude wrote:

I just saw it yesterday, finally. It is bowhunting world magazine. I think maybe it is called bowhunting xtreme. The focus as others have mentioned is just average guys that hunt a lot and do it without throwing money or a name around, and end up taking some big deer.

I don't have any leases or spots I pay to hunt, I have no private land of my own, and I don't have any fancy gear or equipment sponsors. I will also have write-ups in two other magazines coming out soon, I don't know which ones exactly nor do I know exactly when they are coming out.

You have my utmost respect Moon! Can't wait to check out your articles.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:29 am

MOBIGBUCKS wrote:
moondoondude wrote:

You have my utmost respect Moon! Can't wait to check out your articles.

I was just about to say the same. A big X2 moondude!!!Image
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:10 pm

moondoondude wrote:

I just read the article in xtreme bowhunting by Mike Hanbrack.......it was well done CONGRATS! :clap: :clap: :clap: The cool thing is that I read it on the Beast first!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”