Donny Vincent - The River's Divide

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bowhunter4life
500 Club

Re: Donny Vincent - The River's Divide

Unread postby Bowhunter4life » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:32 pm

Was a very cool dvd I thought. I've watched it twice. It is a totally different hunting video. It wasn't as long as I expected but worth the money for sure.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

VA5326

Unread postby VA5326 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:22 am

Does anyone know if he'll be entering the video in any other film competitions?
If you want to kill a deer you have to be in the woods.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:40 am

VA5326 wrote:Does anyone know if he'll be entering the video in any other film competitions?

No idea. But can't wait until the Grizzly vid!
Knute78
500 Club

Unread postby Knute78 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:36 am

VA5326 wrote:Does anyone know if he'll be entering the video in any other film competitions?

No clue...I know it's been on tour across the US at film festivals for at least 8 months. I would assume with the release of the DVD that the tour is over. Also, my guess is many people were asking for it to be release and were getting impatient waiting to buy a copy.

It looks like there may be more coming from him in the future but who knows when?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Genesis 27:3

"Now then, please take your gear, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me;"
Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Unread postby Czabs » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:56 pm

I wanna know how he hunts and captures such quality footage at the same time. I would like to see his equipment, camera man, and how they go about it! That is top of the line work.

Czabs
500 Club

Unread postby Czabs » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:57 pm

Knute, it said coming 2014...so i dont know if that was just the whitetail film or all of them...

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:09 am

Czabs wrote:I wanna know how he hunts and captures such quality footage at the same time. I would like to see his equipment, camera man, and how they go about it! That is top of the line work.

I hear you there! The film strategy was amazing; superior to the hunting strategy.

oneflag

Unread postby oneflag » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:47 am

I have watched it twice with family and friends. Everyone liked it. The camera angles and footage are excellent. I don’t watch mainstream celebrity videos anymore. This was an almost movie like show that flowed very nice, the ladies even liked it. He captured the dedicated hunter’s spirit. The type of spirit that few people have, he made mistakes and would not give up. I had the feeling this guy loves to hunt.
It’s not an instructional DVD advertising new gizmos and gadgets. Most likely a show the weekend warriors will not like, that may be why I liked it. As far as fair chase and was it staged? I don’t know! It was odd that the buck was not stiff from being dead all night, also looked fresh when he hung it in the barn. I don’t think it would have been as good if he killed the buck the first shot.
That’s my 2 cents!
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:40 am

oneflag wrote:I have watched it twice with family and friends. Everyone liked it. The camera angles and footage are excellent. I don’t watch mainstream celebrity videos anymore. This was an almost movie like show that flowed very nice, the ladies even liked it. He captured the dedicated hunter’s spirit. The type of spirit that few people have, he made mistakes and would not give up. I had the feeling this guy loves to hunt.
It’s not an instructional DVD advertising new gizmos and gadgets. Most likely a show the weekend warriors will not like, that may be why I liked it. As far as fair chase and was it staged? I don’t know! [glow=red]It was odd that the buck was not stiff from being dead all night[/glow], also looked fresh when he hung it in the barn. I don’t think it would have been as good if he killed the buck the first shot.
That’s my 2 cents!

I don't think he was dead long. The buck clearly bedded and likely took a long time to expire. One tough animal indeed. He definitely made the right move by waiting.
oneflag

Unread postby oneflag » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:27 am

I don't think he was dead long. The buck clearly bedded and likely took a long time to expire. One tough animal indeed. He definitely made the right move by waiting.[/quote]

Yes, I thought about that also because the shot looked a little high and he was at ground level with the deer. Because the hunter was so tactful and professional I feel it’s the real deal. The Bad Lands are just that, terrible but beautiful terrain. The area he hunted must have been a honey hole across the river. Perfect habitat and food source in the Bad Lands for a herd of whitetails. Wild deer and not pressured like public land. The buck he shot was mature and survived for years doing what big bucks do. I bought it, watched it twice and like others have said the story and quality of filming was outstanding.
Czabs
500 Club

Unread postby Czabs » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:22 am

I didnt notice the stiffness of the buck but did you see how he reacted? I know some people act differently than others but it was almost like he knew it was there. Probably not, but who knows. Ive heard of ppl doing that. Cough, cough (Pat Reeves). Not a big fan. Met him multiple times. At Cambells Video school he was saying how he filmed a recovery on a bear hunt 16 times before he got the perfect reaction. The firat reaction is the perfect reaction in my book. Cant stand reanactments .

WKPTodd
Facebook: Todd Pringnitz

Unread postby WKPTodd » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:49 am

I liked the movie a lot. Just watched it last night with my wife.

If I had to guess, he waited until morning for camera light which some guys in the "TV" world will do. IMO, that buck was dead on his feet from the second the arrow hit him. Looked perfect to me, I would have went after him after confirming on the camera screen.

IMO, the buck was found, cleaned up, positioned, and recovery was re-shot. That's my opinion from the reaction and what-not.

Other that that, I thought the movie was an actual movie - which was cool. Love the story and emotions they showed. I felt more connected to it than any other previous video I've watched.

Good to see something original! Good job to that dude, heck of a buck!!!
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:11 am

WKPTodd wrote:I liked the movie a lot. Just watched it last night with my wife.

If I had to guess, he waited until morning for camera light which some guys in the "TV" world will do. IMO, that buck was dead on his feet from the second the arrow hit him. Looked perfect to me, I would have went after him after confirming on the camera screen.

IMO, the buck was found, cleaned up, positioned, and recovery was re-shot. That's my opinion from the reaction and what-not.

Other that that, I thought the movie was an actual movie - which was cool. Love the story and emotions they showed. I felt more connected to it than any other previous video I've watched.

I agree with both Curtis and Todd... the buck was found and the last scene and maybe one of the most important with the reaction was recreated! :roll:
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:19 am

Bucky wrote:
WKPTodd wrote:I liked the movie a lot. Just watched it last night with my wife.

I agree with both Curtis and Todd... the buck was found and the last scene and maybe one of the most important with the reaction was recreated! :roll:

Your're probably right. I'll have to watch the scene again when it comes back from its road trip.

PredatorTC
500 Club

Unread postby PredatorTC » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:26 pm

I got it and watched it. Thanks a ton Bass! IMO it thought it was kind of slow. Over all thought it was some awesome footage and an awesome storyline!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”