How far??

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: How far??

Unread postby Stanley » Thu May 30, 2013 5:17 am

3 miles closest 231 miles farthest and some in between.

You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Thu May 30, 2013 9:49 am

The closest is right across from my house, 5 minute walk. I have a farm 15 minutes from work. The public land (and my favorite place to hunt) is 40 miles but takes an hour or so to get to where I park the truck.
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Thu May 30, 2013 1:44 pm

Looks like so far I am the farthest from home. With no traffic leaving Chicago I can be out to the woods in 3 hours and 15 minutes. I usually do it with my buddy so time goes pretty quick except when we are trying to get down there for a afternoon hunt, then every second counts. I do have a couple acre spot about 30 minutes from downtown Chicago. Its only possible to have one stand there and since it borders the interstate and houses, its not as intense as where I hunt in central Illinois. 25 stands to chose from and my climber in central IL and one stand at my other spot. I'd much rather hunt in Central Illinois but a small spot to hunt is better than nothing. With the interstate, its like sitting in traffic jam with all the traffic noise. No Joke

bblefty wrote:School keeps me limited. If I could find a way to store my gun/bow off campus I'd be able to hunt during the week. If I'm lucky I make the drive back home (1.5 hours) and then I'm within 20-45 min of my best public and private spots all weekend. One of my biggest goals is to find a sustainable way to hunt around school.

Check with your school police department. I went to school at Southern Illinois and U of Kansas and when I started at SIU I was mad because there was no where to keep my shotgun. Made a few calls and the campus police had lockers for you to keep your guns in, you just had to go in and unlock your locker and grab your gun. I would have been in trouble if I didn;t have that. Most Campus Police have things like that, they just aren't well known.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”