spring scouting question. (newbie)

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

matlocc

spring scouting question. (newbie)

Unread postby matlocc » Sun May 12, 2013 9:06 am

I was out looking over an area and found a transition point between bedding and feeding areas. There were many piles of droppings in the area. Probably 15-20 in a 10-20 yard area. Would this be a good place to set up or are droppings not an indication for anything?

PLB
500 Club

Re: spring scouting question. (newbie)

Unread postby PLB » Sun May 12, 2013 10:32 am

matlocc wrote:I was out looking over an area and found a transition point between bedding and feeding areas. There were many piles of droppings in the area. Probably 15-20 in a 10-20 yard area. Would this be a good place to set up or are droppings not an indication for anything?

Man, tough to comment without a map or more information of the area.. Generally though yes transition lines are great places to set up for a mature buck. However, I prefer to be away from the feeding area and as close to bedding and staging as I can.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
matlocc

Unread postby matlocc » Sun May 12, 2013 11:00 am

I think it is a staging area. They are in a point where they decide to head toward the lake or up a hill to food. I guess I will have to try it. Tough getting to but do able. Heck even found a tick on me today, whats up with that?
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun May 12, 2013 2:55 pm

Matloc,
You might be in the right spot by your description. Hard to say. What I would do is find exactly where the bedding is, and how close you can get without spooking bedded bucks, and I would set up there.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”