"Long winter stresses deer herd"

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

gogebicbuckslayer

Re: "Long winter stresses deer herd"

Unread postby gogebicbuckslayer » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:22 am

Thats a bummer, I hunt just north of land o lakes hopefully a few made it through there wasn't many deer their to begin with.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:05 am

This warm weather should finally melt down some of the excessive snow pack to the north. Looks like highs of 60-70 degrees up in Land O Lakes at least for the next 5 days. Hopefully we turned the corner now and are finally going to head into spring. Hate to see the deer population get any worse up there!
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:48 am

I been seeing more deer inside the city I live in lately. Almost seems they had an exodus out of the surrounding rural areas and moved into town.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:38 am

The road sides are clearing up nice now.....

Yesterday morning (Thursday) we had another 2"-3" of new snow but that was gone by mid day. Still well over a foot and probably 16" in my back yard as of this morning. Not home yet and guessing it went down some. This should help the deer. The deer seen this week, somelook fine others are looking fuzzy faced. Haven't walked the woods to check things out as I have pneumonia and chronic bronchitis again. Tough walking for me in the snow we do have.....magic took opictures of me last weekend and made fun of me.... :oops: :cry: I'll get him back. :twisted: :lol:

Checked some lakes for ice fishing last night......some landings are getting soft (north shores) other landings are just fine.

Bet some goof balls will still be driving trucks out this weekend, I will be walking as the shore lines can deteriorate fast while out fishing.

The lake bodies I checked had easy 20-26" of good ice under the 2-6" of slop on top.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”