sent control....

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

WKPTodd
Facebook: Todd Pringnitz

Re: sent control....

Unread postby WKPTodd » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:19 am

So, when the buck is sniffing the air - what do you think he's doing that for? Just looking in the tree's for squirrels????

Dan, you ever used an Ozonic's? It is possible to beat a whitetails nose, we do it everyday in the field. I'd offer to loan you a machine to use yourself? Take me up on it and I ask you to tell the truth is all.

A whitetail smells the ozonic's, not human. The body-language tells the tale, and I've been hunting long enough to know what I'm seeing / experiencing in the field.

I love this topic more than any other for 1 reason. Someday someone you know and trust is going to tell you they use Ozonic's, and they work. Then you'll think back about telling me "it's impossible to beat a whitetails nose"... I love being the guy to introduce these things to people who refuse to believe they can work. I freaking LOVE IT!!!!!!

Ozonic's work - I guarantee it!!!

Dewey, no you rotate the unit around the tree to cover your scent coming off the tree. Basically, with the wind your face (tree to your back), you rotate the machine to aim behind the tree, down-wind. The wind actually swirls around you and tree, and will mix the ozone into the wind swirl, which I've found to actually work better. Knowing how wind flows around objects (like a creek around a rock), there's always a "pool or eddy" behind any object. You deposit a steady flow of ozone gas into that swirl, and it basically helps make certain every scent molecule that is flowing around the tree will contact an ozone molecule to do it's chemical reaction thing.

Many of you don't consider that when I'm in a tree, 95% of the time I have a camera guy in the tree with me. When I'm hunting alone, there's a HUGE advantage. When you watch our stuff, you need to consider we're getting away with all this stuff with 2 guys in a tree.
Last edited by WKPTodd on Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brad

Unread postby Brad » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:27 am

I used to be a scent free guy, if they said it would help I would buy it. I have since gone completely the other way, my clothes sit in a pile in my man cave and get washed only to wash blood off them. I am killing more deer now with a bow than ever. In all fairness I am a better hunter now than I used to be, but part of being a better hunter is picking up on things and applying them. I do not believe you can beat their nose, and I also think that some deer will not blow when they wind you, some might carry on as usual (probably not gonna happen often) while some will just get out of dodge fast. I now set up with the wind in my favor or not entirely in the bucks favor, and if one gets downwind and doesn't freak out its a bonus. I use milkweeds only, I have more fun now as well. If you want to kill big bucks do whatever you want, its your hunt, but I won't spend money on these products again. If someone is paid or sponsored by a company I consider them biased ( I like WKP Todd but he is sponsored by them, not saying Ozonics won't work because I have never tried it, but I won't carry that out even if it did, I don't have any extra room as it is). I think people get sloppy when they use any scent control, so that's where I see the harm in them. I guess everyone should do what they think is best, but in the end you won't see me using anything but milkweeds.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
WKPTodd

Unread postby WKPTodd » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:31 am

Here's another promo we did for Ozonic's a couple years back. If Ozonic's doesn't work, then I guess I must be a great salesman to convince my entire WKP team to lie on our behalf.... Right....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvd-JmtklMo
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:41 am

Todd, I am pretty open minded but like to see something work for myself before believing it. I see you are on the Ozonics Pro Staff so I understand your loyalty to the product.

I guess if a bunch of members here tried Ozonics out and had similar results I would be more inclined to believe it would work for Beast style of hunting that most here do. Until I see these results there is no way I would be spending $400 on this.

With that being said, has anybody else here used Ozonics and what was your experience? Does it work?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:03 am

I'm just not sure with this thing.

Honestly, I would be willing to try it out, but I have equipment to replace with the 400 dollars I would be out by using it. I would like to see some honest feedback from other members on this site. Not that I don't trust Todd...I'd just like to see more people that have tried it and have more opinions to read.
Sweet Shot 7
500 Club

Unread postby Sweet Shot 7 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:03 am

I wouldnt spend money on it.
WKPTodd

Unread postby WKPTodd » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:32 am

I don't blame you guys at all. Honestly, I'd really have a hard time paying $40.00 for a Wicked saw unless I designed it. he he he...

When I tried mine, I actually made the guy come in the field with me, in the summertime and he brought 2 of his own units. That's what it took for me to even try the thing. My goal was to shove it in the guys face - in-person. Kind-of bit me in the but as we had a dozen deer come straight into our wind that night, and no-kidding a 4 and 5 year old buck, and they wiffed the ozone a few times and then completely ignored it. I called the owners of Ozonic's the next day and pretty much told them I didn't know how they had done it, but I wanted to be involved in the future development of the product to make it more hunter friendly (as the old units were literally the size and weight of a small brick).

Since then, I've helped them develop the newer products, but I have nothing to do with the science of how it works. They hired PHD chemists and spent hundreds of thousands of dollars dealing with all the stuff that comes with building a new technology and protecting it. They also had to pass several regulated health code things.

Dan, you do any velvet filming from a stand in the summer? I will provide you with a unit to test in-advance of hunting season if you'll test it. I'd even be willing to invite you or another beast member to come to my farm in the summer, and I'll take you out and we can film the encounters. Not sure what else I can do beyond showing people on-video, and in-person.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:54 am

Dan, you do any velvet filming from a stand in the summer? I will provide you with a unit to test in-advance of hunting season if you'll test it. I'd even be willing to invite you or another beast member to come to my farm in the summer, and I'll take you out and we can film the encounters. Not sure what else I can do beyond showing people on-video, and in-person.

I appreciate the offer Todd. I am surprised by how much you believe in this. Im not to sure I would use it, even if it does work... Im not having problems getting winded much. Maybe we can get together and test it out some day.
keb
500 Club

Unread postby keb » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:56 am

I am not saying it does not work, but I would have a real hard time taking it and strapping it to a tree, playing the game with the whitetail on his terms fair and square is what its about, the chase, kinda like a xbow in archery season, legal yeah, but where do you draw the line.

I am not bashing the product, or saying it won't work, but there comes a point and time for every hunter to decide what is he willing to do to be successful.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:17 pm

Ozonics should let you do a two week test run to kind of try before you buy, similar to what Lone Wolf does with their stands. I know a lot of people who might be willing to fork over the cash IF they could try before they were committed to the thing.

My question is this: How do you get it to your stand along with a pack, lone wolf and sticks, camera and arm and bow? That is a TON to carry. Also, what does it run on, regular batteries or rechargeable etc? I could see that thing eating a fortune up in batteries over the course of a season. I would also be skeptical about how long it takes to "work", it would have to be instantly if you are setting up with the wind in their favor, they would bust you immediately most of the time, As i stated I dont see myself using one because I already have enough to carry, but just to get more info on this because a lot of people are getting more interested. If it did work, great, but I am highly suspect of any scent control product anymore, the hounds just cant be fooled.
U.P. MAN
500 Club

Unread postby U.P. MAN » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:42 pm

Never been interested in the product. EXTREMELY interested to hear test results from Dan using it. One thing for certain Todd, you will sell some units if Dan is convinced it works. It does interest me the faith you have in the product.
keb
500 Club

Unread postby keb » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:56 am

In my experince about the only time you can beat a whitetails nose is during the rut, when he lets his guard down some. Some deer will tolearte more scent then others (I think).

2 years ago I was hunting KS, had a crap wind cause only had one tree to hunt from, it was border line. I was hpoing it was off to the side a touch, had a buck coming my way from about 250 yards out, he smelled me and snuck away. I hour later I had a doe coming from the same direction with a giant in tow, they never spooked came by at 30 yards, branches no clean shot.

This stand was out in the open so I am pretty sure the wind was constant in that direction.

Like I stated earlier, I firmly believe, the rut is about the only time they are not on pins and needles and you can get away with stuff.
BCD

Unread postby BCD » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:08 am

There are plenty of people who have tried it on other forums and been busted over and over. There are also thoughts that the concentration of ozone needed to kill human odor would need to be at levels that are hazardous to your health.

Just another scam IMO.
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:56 am

ozone does work. the science behind it is that ozone (O3) has an extra oxygen molecule that wants to bond to something. it bonds to organic substances and breaks them down and destroys them. this a very brief description of what ozone does. you'll have to search to find more info if you so choose. I have a log6 ( got a great deal on it and wanted to give it a try) lol. I put the tube inside a bag loaded with all my stinky hockey gear. after 15 minutes the smell was virtually gone. I have used it to get rid of house hold odors as well. my son puked all over the couch one day. I used the log6 on the couch after I cleaned it up and the smell was completely gone. ozone is however dangerous to breathe.
WKPTodd

Unread postby WKPTodd » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:18 am

Call it a scam if you want, but they work. There are far more people on other forums who have used them and say they do work - than the oposite. The difference is that most guy who use them and believe in them just keep their mouths shut. The guys who refuse to believe them, or are bias to some other scent elimination company ($$$$), or claim to have used them and "get busted over and over" are either liars, don't know how to use the product properly, or don't know what "busted" means.

If you think a whitetail of any maturity will smell something for the first time in it's life - and ignore it - you are wrong. They react to it - absolutely. Do they react in the same way they do when they smell human - NO! Not even close. The body reaction of a mature whitetail buck (5-1/2 or older) is NOTHING like when they hit human, and their entire body tenses up, and they duck and get the heck out of dodge. I have never, in my 19 years of hunting without Ozonic's - EVER had a mature whitetail buck catch my wind, and walk away twitching it's tail. Even on farms with ZERO human presence and pressure, younger deer may not freak as bad, but you simply will not get away with ANYTHING if they catch human.

Ozonic's offers a 100% money back guarantee; that's about as good as you are going to get. Doing the "test run" using dealers would be a freaking hassle. It would take too much time and energy (I won't even get into the cost of all the free units) from both the dealers / and Ozonic's. A money back guarantee is IMO the best thing you can offer someone.

If killing any mature buck becomes "easy" with a bow & arrow - I'll just raise my standards. Nothing about mature bucks is easy, if you think this machine just eliminates the instinct of a whitetail - you are wrong. They can and do eliminate a TON of snorting for me each year. I hunt ground with a lot of deer, not like hunting the north woods. We are in farmland that has an over-abundance of whitetails (which is why you see me shooting a lot of does on video each year); to not get winded is to not hunt. The difference now is that I just don't get snorted at much - if at all anymore. When solo hunting with an ozonic's, it's almost impossible to get winded to the point of a snort. That's what I call effective, and I'd never - in a million years would have thought it was possible. It is.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”