What videos help most?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Justin Spies

What videos help most?

Unread postby Justin Spies » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:49 pm

What videos do you guys recommend to a guy who will be hunting Kansas for the first time this year? What do y'all learn most from them?

Thanks Justin

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Rubline

Re: What videos help most?

Unread postby Rubline » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:02 pm

Hi Justin,

First I'll recommend Dan's DVDs (Hunting Marsh Bucks) & (Hill Country Bucks) from this website.
A lot of valuable how to information to improve oneself as a hunter.

Second I'll recommend (Mathews Dominant Bucks) which is another good "how to" DVD set.

Third I would say get into filming your own stuff (scouting & hunting) and learn from that.

Videos are fun and can have some great points to utilize, but nothing beats hard work and
experience that you put in yourself over time. Just remember to learn from mistakes.
Best teacher out there IMO are the deer themselves.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:41 pm

Marsh bucks, and hill country... You can buy them by clicking the store tab at the top of the page.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:10 am

Rubline wrote:Hi Justin,

First I'll recommend Dan's DVDs (Hunting Marsh Bucks) & (Hill Country Bucks) from this website.
A lot of valuable how to information to improve oneself as a hunter.

Second I'll recommend (Mathews Dominant Bucks) which is another good "how to" DVD set.

Third I would say get into filming your own stuff (scouting & hunting) and learn from that.

Videos are fun and can have some great points to utilize, but nothing beats hard work and
experience that you put in yourself over time. Just remember to learn from mistakes.
Best teacher out there IMO are the deer themselves.

I agree you will gain a lot of information on these DVDs. You won't learn much watching TV guys hunt on leased ground killing huge bucks.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Craaaig

Unread postby Craaaig » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:17 am

Farm country bucks DVD too if you can afford it

Justin Spies

Unread postby Justin Spies » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:42 am

Craaaig wrote:Farm country bucks DVD too if you can afford it

Do they offer this one on here?

dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:50 am

Justin Spies wrote:

In my "biased" opinion, the farm country bucks DVD will not teach you much... And its made by the thieves whom screwed me and Andrae over....
Carol
Site Admin

Unread postby Carol » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:08 am

Justin Spies wrote:

Not Offered Here. It's not one of our video's.....It belongs to Jarrod and Lee/Next Buk
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then!

Some People Need a Shock Collar!
Timmy

Unread postby Timmy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:37 am

I think the marsh bucks and hill country dvds are the best videos out there. No matter what type of terrain you hunt, you will be able to learn a ton from these videos!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:21 am

Timmy wrote:I think the marsh bucks and hill country dvds are the best videos out there. No matter what type of terrain you hunt, you will be able to learn a ton from these videos!

I agree, I really only hunt hill country, but I found many tips in the Marsh bucks video that directly relate to my hill country hunting. Both are full of knowledge. I think I have watched each of them 6 or 7 times. I think I'm do for the 8the time.

scooters

Unread postby scooters » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:28 am

dreaming bucks wrote:
Timmy wrote:I think the marsh bucks and hill country dvds are the best videos out there. No matter what type of terrain you hunt, you will be able to learn a ton from these videos!

I agree, I really only hunt hill country, but I found many tips in the Marsh bucks video that directly relate to my hill country hunting. Both are full of knowledge. I think I have watched each of them 6 or 7 times. I think I'm do for the 8the time.

X2

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
MN Legacy
500 Club
Facebook: Brent Bushy

Unread postby MN Legacy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:59 pm

I like Marsh and Hill Country Bucks the best and you can learn a lot this is how all hunting shows should be.
I don't hunt a lot of hill county, but it I ever do I feel like I have something to start with. I do hunt some public land that contains some swampy terrain and have used some of the Marsh bucks tactics and have found beds in this type of terraine the only problem there were no trees near by to set up on. Also another good show on the outdoor channel is Dominant Bucks some good tactics on there also and don't forget some of the Whitetail Addictions stuff.
purebowhunting
500 Club

Unread postby purebowhunting » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:10 pm

I felted I had a pretty good grasp on hunting, finally finding pretty good success, then I picked up marsh and hill country buck. I can say they're a great learning tool for anyone seeking to improve. Very well done Dan. I also picked up farm country bucks, this was before I knew what all went down, it pretty much tries to restate what Dan teaches in his videos with little added value, don't feel its worth buying.

admiral04

Unread postby admiral04 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:36 pm

purebowhunting wrote:I felted I had a pretty good grasp on hunting, finally finding pretty good success, then I picked up marsh and hill country buck. I can say they're a great learning tool for anyone seeking to improve. Very well done Dan. I also picked up farm country bucks, this was before I knew what all went down, it pretty much tries to restate what Dan teaches in his videos with little added value, don't feel its worth buying.

what exactly did go down?

dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:23 pm

what exactly did go down?

Its a very long story, but there are some posts here if you search that go into detail... Basically, I founded and owned BBO. Unfortunately I let the two others in on an equal partnership. They got greedy and wanted to take the majority of the money, they locked me out of my forum, bank account, and video contract and tried to force me into selling the company for way less than I had into it.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”