Clean up after yourself!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Wlog
500 Club

Re: Clean up after yourself!

Unread postby Wlog » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:14 am

I wish I had a dollar for every one of those "scent wick" things I've found in the woods. I took my 5 year old daughter scouting with me last Saturday and we found a huge pile of garbage that someone had dumped on the access road on the state land. My 5 year old says " Daddy look at all that litter, that's gross". My 5 year old gets it but there are grownups who don't. That's sad. But it did make me feel good to know I must be doing OK teaching my kids to have respect for the outdoors.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

U.P. bownut
500 Club

Unread postby U.P. bownut » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:03 am

I'm curious if they even knew there was a bed there. One of my pet peeves is the trail marking tape. If someone wants to use it fine, but take that stuff out at the end of season. Usually I take it down and say that I'm doing the earth a favor.
"Freedom Isn't Free"
fishlips
500 Club

Unread postby fishlips » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:47 pm

Soda cans, beer cans, tires, aerosol cans, scent bottles, wicks, tapes, and most recently an old toilet. It never ceases to amaze me that people can make the room to haul this crap out into the woods, but can't bring it back with them (with the exception of the toilets and tires...that's just people being too cheap to take it to the dump). Never caught anyone in the act of dumping their crap, but wish they would get caught! I once removed 12 tires and a tv from one public land parking lot. Pathetic.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”